• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 Divisions

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I know there has been talk about the 5 divisions lately and how some people don't like them, but i must say that the benefits of the 5 divisions have really shown in the last couple of weeks...

Without giving to much away and from what i have seen so far 3 Divisions in 4d are still very much up for grabs, and also the relegation battles seem as strong as ever...

I just think for pure excitement and closeness the 5 divisions have proven to be a very very big hit...

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
I know there has been talk about the 5 divisions lately and how some people don't like them, but i must say that the benefits of the 5 divisions have really shown in the last couple of weeks...

Without giving to much away and from what i have seen so far 3 Divisions in 4d are still very much up for grabs, and also the relegation battles seem as strong as ever...

I just think for pure excitement and closeness the 5 divisions have proven to be a very very big hit...
Ok maybe iam just blind or was just have been left out of the loop, but who's been complaining?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There were suggestions a few weeks back we should change it to 2 or 3 divisions...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anyone complaining about the 5 divisions of 6 is stupid IMO - with 30 teams the only other real option is 3 divisions of 10 (which would take longer and mean half the teams have nothing to play for from half way through the season)

I think the person who suggested the 5 of 6 idea deserves some serious kudos! ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Paid The Umpire said:
Yes.. next season we should go the next step.

How about fourty teams and have twenty divisions of 2 teams.
I must say Paid that off the top of my head we would seriously struggle to try and find 10 more teams, espically after this years Academy series where all the left over players were basically picked out.

It would need to become a stage of complete random sides (Like ACT)

However I really can't see Blewy expanding at this stage, however I maybe wrong.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can't believe Rich went to the trouble of giving a serious answer to that :P

Well, there's all the English Minor Counties :)

I could research Devon and Lincolnshire...

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I can't believe Rich went to the trouble of giving a serious answer to that :P

Well, there's all the English Minor Counties :)

I could research Devon and Lincolnshire...
If you look at the time of my post your see why I wasn't quite with it yet :D - Iam not a mornings person :D