• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Day For Somerset

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Somerset News and Updates

An absolutely massive day for the Somerset, who have gone into a large trade fenzy. The madness started with a controversial trade with Hampshire. The original trade, which included J Francis instead of A Evans, was shifted because Hampshire needed Francis for futher trades. The trade was eventually made, Somerset losing A Morris, an important player for the club over past years, and G Hopkins, a disappointment considering the promise he originally showed. However Somerset did manage to gain A Evans, a player of great skill who has been unfortunately trade listed because of incoming rookies and also former Zimbabwean international Neil Johnson, a brilliant allrounder who will be very important for the club next year.

The next trade to take place was with Cloetes Tamil Nadu, Somerset trading S Kalavitigoda for F Rose. Although Kalavitigoda has been brilliant throughout his years, he had to go so the club could gain a much needed bowler.

The trade with Jamaica went very well, the club gaining two star players, A Stuart and V Solanki for the loss of the underperforming Lathwell and the aging R Johnson. Stuart in particular was a great gain, looking like he will be a fontline bowler for the forthcoming season.

Finally, Somerset traded with Auckland in what could quite probably be the best move ever made so far. Kulatunga, who is ageing and has not been consistant enough to remain in the side, was swapped with Auckland star spinner and former West Indian international Mahendra Nagamootoo. A spin bowler of enormous skill, Somerset are pleased to say he will remain on board for the next season.

An altogether good trading day.

Note to clubs: If Somerset manage to enforce their next trade, Mark Butcher will be up for trade. Those interested please contact Somerset at mrponting@hotmail.com

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. Ponting said:
Auckland star spinner and former West Indian international Mahendra Nagamootoo. A spin bowler of enormous skill, Somerset are pleased to say he will remain on board for the next season.
:lol: :lol: Can you spell over-rated?

He has a 64 SR in 4D and 38 in OD. That's good, but not 'enormous skill'.

I agree that he was my star spinner though, but that's because he was my only half-decent spinner, so it's not that amazing a feat. :P

Mr. P

Yeah I know mr. mxy, but I need him, and I need him bad. He is my only spinner. He will be of use.

Mr. P

Massize Move for Somerset

In a day in which Somerset were to only make one trade, the Somerset staff set out to make it a good one. And they succeeded. For the loss of only F Rose, who was gained in a former deal, Somerset now have the exclusive spin brilliance of the highly sort after D Hettiarachchi. Hettiarachchi, who comes from Guyana, has been looked for by many clubs, his outstanding Srike Rate being the talk of everyone. And although Somerset now has two spin bowlers, the club was happy to announce that Mahendra Nagamootoo would be kept until further notice. The ten players to be kept at the moment look like shaping up as four batsman, four bowlers, one keeper and an allrounder. In the bowling ranks there are two spinners and two pace bowlers.

In other news, A Caddick, M Bulbeck, A Evans and possibly R Warner have been put up for hold following a trade in progress that spanned nearly an hour on msn of furious points, stats and offers. The deal is yet to be decided and will continue at a later date.

Mr. P

Trading for the Good of Trading

A sixth trade for the Somerset cricket club today, with Boeta Dippenaar replacing N Johnson from Free State. Somerset are hopeful that Dippenaar can be used effectively on the trading front, with Somerset within reach of a large deal. Dippenaar was selected ahead of Johnson because of his much larger skill with the bat, his youth, and his potential to become great.

Mr. P

7th Trade

Another big move today with J Anderson joining Somerset in place of aging bowler Wilson. The good news just keeps on coming, eh?:)

Mr. P

Thomas up for trade

I thought this may be a good time to say Z Thomas is up for trade. Following his efforts in this weeks OD match, he has been lifted up as one of the prime trading figures. Thomas was superb, with 153 from 142 deliveries.:)

Mr. P

Somerset manager Guy Kerridge would like to say that he is going on holiday from Friday the 19th. I may be able to post, but if I cannot can I please be told what to do in the circumstances.

Mr. P

and yeah im bringing my laptop, so it looks likely i will be able to post the sides and everything, but if i can't im wondering what to do.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'd have to notify Blewy and your division simmer of your selected XI('s) along with a couple of players who would come in in the event of injury.

Mr. P

8th Trade-Dippenaar gone

Boeta Dippenaars dream of being one of Somersets 16 postage stamps has come to an abrupt end. After being traded over early, Dippenaar has now left the club as Somerset were out to pursue a bowler-desperately. After much thought and deliberation, Somerset finally went for a two man trade with Eclipses Jamaica. The deal was that Somerset would recieve Dani and Betts, in exchange for Dippenaar and T Powell.

Although Eclipse may have the better side of the deal to a certain extent, Somerset were happy to receive a good allrounder and a bowler who could be of certain use.

Mr. P

Holiday Postphoned

Hey guys i have to report that my sheduled vacation has been postphoned, to maybe tuesday or wednesday, and even that may not go ahead. So i now know that i can post my team and do reports and so on, it should be good.

Mr. P

Club Update

The following players are so far in my squad for next season:

V Turpin (Rookie)
H Pears (Rookie)
R Warner
M Butcher
P Bowler (wk)
J Anderson
A Stuart
A Caddick
D Hettiachchi
A Dani

The following are up for trade, however i will listen to deals for the above players:

V Solanki
Z Thomas
M Bulbeck
M Nagamootoo
M Betts
L Payne (wk)

The following player(s) are retiring:

J Adams

Can people please say their thoughts on my squad and what improvements can be made.

nibbs

International Captain
You should perhaps try and figure out your starting line ups for next season. Make two lists, your od line up and your 4d line up. From there you should be able to identify any holes in your squad, and what kind of player you'll be after in the draft.