• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Today in TN

Cloete

International Captain
Today was a big day for the Tamil Nadu Cricket Club. Manager Andrew Cloete has made some big trades. The Biggest being A Razzaq and Y Engineer for Y Singh and M Wilkins. We are also pleased to receive S Kalavitigoda for F Rose. Rose has under-performed this season and we are pleased to recieve an experienced and goot four-day batsmen. We are also saddened to see Engineer and Razzaq go. However TN are looking forward to a long and succesful era. We have alot of good youths. Our batting is looking alot better.

TN are very excited to have Z Birch, M Wilkins and Y Singh at the club. Z Birch was linked with a trade for AV Kale. However manager Andrew Cloete said earlier today in a press conference:

"Birch is a very exciting prospect and we are graced to hve him playin at TN. He was linked with AV Kale from Karnatarka. However I rehected the bid. I have faith in the young lad and he has performed well at grade level."

Birch averages 50 at one day level and 58 in the four-dayers. However at such a tender age Cloete showed great faith in the young lad to keep him at the club. Cloete hopes Birch will repay the faith shown to him.

TN have christened the following players:

N Kumble has been christened Nicholas (Nick) Kumble
Z Birch has been christened Zachary (Zac) Birch
and M Wilkins has been christened Matthew ('Matty') Wilkins

nibbs

International Captain
I don't quite understand. I know Tamil Nadu are after some new batters, but why have they got rid of their best two bowlers??? I thought Shrinivas and Engineer were a key part of the team? Was I mistaken???

Cloete

International Captain
nibblet said:
I don't quite understand. I know Tamil Nadu are after some new batters, but why have they got rid of their best two bowlers??? I thought Shrinivas and Engineer were a key part of the team? Was I mistaken???
no. they most definitely are. However with Kumble coming through the ranks with s/r of 26 1d and 37 4d i was able to trade. I also have cole who's s/r is 40 4d. Chapman has a good s/r as well. Also Ormond is quite good as well. We just need to pick up 1 more bowler, batsman and an all-rounder in teh draft. If i can pick up a good bowler and a good all roudner then i'll be happy.