• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 4 Betting idea

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
After talking to Simon on the phone the other day he made a suggestion to me as to how to run the betting next season...
I know alot of you want the betting to return so here is the idea for your views...
Here are the changes from the old system...

*Each week managers recieve $500 rather then a lump sum at the beginning of the season, so if you lose your money for 1 week you are still involved the following week...

*Moneys will accumulate if not used for a maximum of 4 weeks
then you will stop recieving your weekly quota...

*Many more betting options, some listed below..
- Match result
- Most runs(Individual)
- Most wickets(Individual)
- 1st Innings score(Team)
plus many more...

*There will be no Seasonal betting.. ie Champions, Highest Runscorers(Season) etc

Like i said this idea was thrown up by Simon, and if it goes ahead will be jointly run by myself and Simon...

Give your opinions...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds good. I never really got into the whole betting scenario when it was running before, but I may this time.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I like it, but I'm more concerned at the moment about understanding the trade/draft system to be bothered about this!:(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems like there are no objections.
It should be a lot more fun than the first time we tried it. As blewy said, there will be heaps more betting options. A few other minor rules still need to be ironed out in my mind (Yes im slow, get over it) :P
more to come soon.
Simon

Graham

3rd Umpire
I still prefer the system that involves points rather than money, a little like a prediction league setup.