• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Question and a suggestion...

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
The Question :
When does the trade period begin excatly?

Suggestion :
I suggest we have something like loaning of players.I was just reading thro the 1st posts in the wcc forum ..season 1 suggestions....It was an idea which somehow got buried.Since the sim now allows mid season trades as well we could have 1/2 season loan periods.Also loaning wud have to be done after the draft picks so tht we can avoid all the complications of wht happens if the player is not retained ,etc.

Wht does every1 think?

Sriram

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
To be honest no clue..

And the loans are allowed for 1 season temporary contracts.. but i think we should make loans available after trades and drafts etc..

So that if you loan a player who is 34 and will retire after 1 season you can get him back before the retirees and their replacements are posted OR the replacements are automatically accounted to the team if their player was loaned for 1 term

Cloete

International Captain
Sriram k said:
The Question :
When does the trade period begin excatly?

Suggestion :
I suggest we have something like loaning of players.I was just reading thro the 1st posts in the wcc forum ..season 1 suggestions....It was an idea which somehow got buried.Since the sim now allows mid season trades as well we could have 1/2 season loan periods.Also loaning wud have to be done after the draft picks so tht we can avoid all the complications of wht happens if the player is not retained ,etc.

Wht does every1 think?

Sriram
WOW:O!!! wat a brilliant idea. it means that if Mumbai r sitting over tehre with a team of stars some1 could loan some oftheir players. this is a brilliant idea.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rich likes the loaning idea but can I just ask how would it work? Must a player from each team be loaned ie the traded way or can you just ship out a player for nothing Ie I could send Allen to Free State to regain some form for half the season and just have 15 members in my squad?

Also can the loaned players be recalled (in desprate measures) Ie If you can loan for nothing and iam left with say 13 in my squad and 2 get injuries can I recall players to boost my squad numbers back up or must I just forfit the matches until they return from injuires?

Could also even up the trades that Marc had problems with rather than just giving a donkey you could offer a half season loan in the place, so you could see Player 1 + Player 2 FOR Player 3 and Player 4 (half season loan) - This could lead to un equal squads, but maybe Blewy would be happy if you had to have a minium of 15 but no more than 18-20 (if you chose to get 20 then it's your problem in dropping half your squad at the season end)

But whatever way I like the idea :)

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
Rich likes the loaning idea but can I just ask how would it work? Must a player from each team be loaned ie the traded way or can you just ship out a player for nothing Ie I could send Allen to Free State to regain some form for half the season and just have 15 members in my squad?

Also can the loaned players be recalled (in desprate measures) Ie If you can loan for nothing and iam left with say 13 in my squad and 2 get injuries can I recall players to boost my squad numbers back up or must I just forfit the matches until they return from injuires?

Could also even up the trades that Marc had problems with rather than just giving a donkey you could offer a half season loan in the place, so you could see Player 1 + Player 2 FOR Player 3 and Player 4 (half season loan) - This could lead to un equal squads, but maybe Blewy would be happy if you had to have a minium of 15 but no more than 18-20 (if you chose to get 20 then it's your problem in dropping half your squad at the season end)

But whatever way I like the idea :)
but remember ur still gonna end up with 16 unless u do say trade players for loans. but it would be easy to get around. and u don't even have to make it so u can trade loans. as if i loaned T Darden (:P:lol:) form Mumbai for a season then he would still end up with 16 at the end of the season come the draft and so would i.

Rich2001

International Captain
Just thinking about my post, you could almost merge the feeder club idea and this togeter... ie bigger clubs would be happier to lend bigger players to improve their form agaisnt a weaker opp (to an extent) and knowing they would be getting them back at the end.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rich2001 said:
Rich likes the loaning idea but can I just ask how would it work?
Hmm..referring to himself in the third person again... maybe this is an issue that he should get sorted....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Back on topic, I love the idea. There are a few players in the Auckland squad who, although I'd like to keep them in the sqaud, won't get much playing time initially.

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
Marc mite be right in the complication and the Delay part but no harm in discussing all the same if we reach a consensus in a short time and GB likes the idea then it could be implemented.

My idea is have loans EXCATLY the same as trades....1 for 1 loan...
or 2 for 2 loan..that is if mumbai loan darden to SA for a yr then they get back a player in loan as well ( say Stratton :))

Loans at the end of draft.So every1 would still have 16 players.
I dont think recalling of payers shud be there once u load out a player for 6 months hes gone it would be hard on the team getting the player if recalling is allowed.

I think this method is simple enuff as its just like the trades except tht u re-trade the player back to the original clubs at the end of the season.

Sriram

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i like the idea :) it also gives rookies who might not play a chance to play for lower teams. it is even better if we can do half season loans :)

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
All seems to be getting a bit complicated to me, and a bit late to introduce.
:!( Marc r u ever going to agree with anything? i'm starting to think nothing is gonna get passed......

Last edited:

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
Cloete said:
:!( Marc r u ever going to agree with anything? i'm starting to think nothing is gonna get passed......
Give it a thought Cloete...
We start trades in a little while.Marcs just trying to caution us....
He never said the idea was bad or anything like tht....
GB seems to be away today once hes reads it it Im sure he will decide something on it pretty soon.

Sriram

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok i don't think the time is an issue, i think it could be implemented pretty comfortably by next season, but working out a set way of how it would work is the big key...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Firstly, we would have to have someone keeping a careful eye on the loans (and possibly adding a section which tracks them on the website).

The process could be as follows:

* At the start of the season, all teams may make loan enquiries with others. These loans must be either half a season or a full season in length.

* Have a loan list, where each club lists 2-4 players which they are willing to loan. Then we can check the list and agree on loans as we do with trades. NB - All teams have the option not list any players for loan if they wish.

* This process may be repeated at the halfway mark of the season, allowing teams to have up to 4 different players on loan from an/other team/s in a season.

* No team may have more than 2 borrowed players for one length of time (ie you can borrow 1 from Auckland and 1 from ND at the start of the season, but no more).

* When the loaned period is up, the player will naturally return to his club and be allowed to take up starting XI duty if the manager so wishes.

* Loans must be either 1 for 1 or 2 for 2, no more than that.

* When a player is loaned, the team that borrows him must play him at least twice in their XI.

* If, after a player has returned to his club, the team which borrowed him still posts him in their XI, the same penalties as not denoting a keeper apply.
--------------------------
That's my suggestion. It needs a bit of tweaking and I'm probably forgetting some stuff (it's 6:39 in the morning), but I'd appreciate your opinions and responses.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
* If, after a player has returned to his club, the team which borrowed him still posts him in their XI, the same penalties as not denoting a keeper apply.
What penalties are those?! ;)

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
* Loans must be either 1 for 1 or 2 for 2, no more than that.
this is the only part i don't agreee with. i think loan's shouldn't have to be even at all. i'm sure say Mumbai could aford to hav a 15 man squad and get one of their rookeis experienced at a lower club etc. 1 for 1 sorta defeats the whole purpose of a loan.