• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meeting Outcomes..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok well the Meeting was held and here is what come out of it...

Attendees: Blewy, Marc, Rich, Neil Pickup

1st Issue was the Sim issue about the rookies and the Old guys...
It was decided that the rookies would be effected by inexperience for the 1st season in the WCC (approx 20 games) then after that they would be at full strength, However some players will start off at full potential immediatley, this will be a completelty Random factor...

As for the Older guys, they will start to slowly decline at the age of 32 until they retire, however players of Great ability will diminish less and also start diminishing later..
(Note. These issues are subject to Sriram being able to implement them into the sim)

Forfeit and the new SIM
Forfeits will no longer be part of the new sim, If you fail to submit your side the team will be selected by the simmer, The warning system will remain in place but the team will not be effected by the non submission...

Temporary Seasonal Board Member
As of Season 4 a Temporary Board Member will be brought onto the board for a period of 1 season, This person will be voted on by his peers to represent them at Board Meetings and in any Board discussion... Members will be able to nominate themselves for the position although they must have someone second their nomination. Once Nominations are put forward a vote will be conducted where every member will vote on who they wish to be their voice. The period will be for 1 season...

Trading Issue
It has been decided that Trading will remain the same but in addition the feeder process will be put in place(providing we can find a way in which teams can be ranked)..
The feeder System(suggested by Rich) will run in conjunction with the current system where there are no restrictions on trading other than trades must be of equal amount (1 for1, 2 for 2 etc).. No club will be forced to retain any player...
If a fair system for the Feeder program cannot be found then trading will remain the same as it currently is...

Possible Trading Overview Committee
A suggestion was made to have a committee implemented to overlook trades to ensure they are fair and not 1 sided...
This will be looked into and if it is implemented will consist of people voted by the members + myself and Rich...
As i have said this is to cut out any extremely unfair deals...

Please Leave your feedback, and also make suggestions on the Feeder Club issue in the thread (Rich's Idea)....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm happy with the decisions of the Board. They seem fair. Also, I like the idea of the Overview Committee...

nibbs

International Captain
feeder club issue. I think this should be optional. ie, if Surrey and Mashonaland where forced to join, Marc could get depressed at the thought of his players joining Rik. Perhaps teams can form alliances with other sides, but the board could perhaps approve these partnerships, ie Division One sides would not be allowed to join up with another division one side. etc

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nibblet said:
feeder club issue. I think this should be optional. ie, if Surrey and Mashonaland where forced to join, Marc could get depressed at the thought of his players joining Rik. Perhaps teams can form alliances with other sides, but the board could perhaps approve these partnerships, ie Division One sides would not be allowed to join up with another division one side. etc
no this should not be optional, it has been optional in the past for clubs to do this sort of thing now it shouuld be compulsrory.

nibbs

International Captain
age_master said:
no this should not be optional, it has been optional in the past for clubs to do this sort of thing now it shouuld be compulsrory.
What would clubs like ACT, Warwickshire and Western Province do? I'd rate us all around the middle, if your ranking clubs. Who would we join with?

deckard

U19 Captain
nibblet said:
Perhaps teams can form alliances with other sides, but the board could perhaps approve these partnerships, ie Division One sides would not be allowed to join up with another division one side. etc
Nah i dont think alliances will work as the purpose is for the weaker teams to get stronger players. If div 1 teams are teaming up with div 3 teams then div 5 arent getting any stronger.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Temporary Seasonal Board Member
As of Season 4 a Temporary Board Member will be brought onto the board for a period of 1 season, This person will be voted on by his peers to represent them at Board Meetings and in any Board discussion... Members will be able to nominate themselves for the position although they must have someone second their nomination. Once Nominations are put forward a vote will be conducted where every member will vote on who they wish to be their voice. The period will be for 1 season...
Like this one a lot really.. thanks a lot g.b for putting forward one of my suggestions !

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i like the feeter club rule. i would be happy to help out any div 5 side if they would want nsw help at the moment

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The Colts would like to thank the members of the board for making what it believes are excellent decisions :) keep up the good work boys

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looks to me like the big winners here are ACT - already a strong side, and likely to be paired with a top side...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i would be happy to merge with a div 4 side or div 3 side, what ever is best for wcc

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
nibblet said:
Hahaha, I wouldn't take them anyway ;) :P

I wouldn't mind a bit of clarification on the Feeder Issue, as I don't really see the point of it.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
Hahaha, I wouldn't take them anyway ;) :P

I wouldn't mind a bit of clarification on the Feeder Issue, as I don't really see the point of it.
Basically your paired with a stronger side and you get given free players, rather than having to go through the hassle of trading where it can be hard for the lesser clubs to attrate the better players (However this will run with the trade and draft) so you get all the normal ways, plus upto 6 freebies that you can throw away, keep or keep and use as a trading tool if they are good but don't fit into your side.

If you think the idea is pointless, Kent will take D Fulton and Ed Smith back, as the feeder idea was basically that, where I gave you two decent bats for your two worse players as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep them. :saint:

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Basically your paired with a stronger side and you get given free players, rather than having to go through the hassle of trading where it can be hard for the lesser clubs to attrate the better players (However this will run with the trade and draft) so you get all the normal ways, plus upto 6 freebies that you can throw away, keep or keep and use as a trading tool if they are good but don't fit into your side.

If you think the idea is pointless, Kent will take D Fulton and Ed Smith back, as the feeder idea was basically that, where I gave you two decent bats for your two worse players as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep them. :saint:
Well now you have explained it ok I agree it's not pointless, I'll give it more time though. I still don't see what's so wrong with the draft though, you don't want players just given to you, you want make your side better by good deals and doing well and getting higher in the draft.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok like it was said in the original post the Feeder issue is not 100% going ahead yet...

There are a couple of issues i need to speak to Rich about to clarify before anything can go ahead...

So everyone just go along as though trading is normal(which it is) and not worry about the Feeder issue until it is 100% going through...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
yeah i'm still worrying about the middle team saga, who would we join forces with?
another middle team?
a weaker team?
A Stronger team?

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Love the idea of the Overview Comittee and would love to be a part of it if it goes ahead...

A very productive meeting boys!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the committee the way i was thinking would comprise of about 3 people, Myself plus 2 others...

So long as the person was around every couple of days its ok...

Im not 100% sure if ill be able to get it in place for this trade period but im hoping to do it for the one after the draft at least