• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions

Rich2001

International Captain
Well it appears alot of you have been putting suggestions across in various threads about what should happen to WCC, and with a Board meeting around the corner it's a good chance for you all to have your say and then we (the board) can talk about them in the meeting.

Please note that any sensible idea will be put forward in the meeting, but nothing is certain to be implemented just because a few of you agree the idea in this thread etc

> > > > Lets try and keep this thread on subject :saint: < < < <

Graham

3rd Umpire
Whatever decisions are made, I think that we need to keep things simple.
WCC is a monster that has almost grown out of control in that a lot of work needs to be done by quite a few people. I suspect that for some, it has become a chore rather than an enjoyable aside. When this starts happening, the whole thing is in danger of collapsing.
I speak from experience on this one!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I can say that alot of the painful work will be weeded out after this season with the intro of the sim...

Movements from 1 club to another will be easy with a extra to the program made by Sri, also the Averages will be updated automatically by the sim, and also all the league Games will be run by me next season with the sim saving a heap of time....

But i agree with you Graham that only minor changes are needed, basically cause the game seems to be working the way it is....

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
While on the topic of the sim a nice update m8.....
Mid season trades are a definite possibility...but the down side being the averages would not be saved on a per team basis.
That is If Darden switches over to SA mid season then his averages would not indicate how many he scored 4 Mumbai and how many for SA separately.

And yes..sorry Rich if its drifting the main topic away..Didnt wanna start a new thread just to mention this..:P

Sriram

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
hmmmm ok, well we can talk about that at the meeting...

There was something else i wanted to ask you but i forget what it was, if i remember ill let ya know....

deckard

U19 Captain
Just a couple of things i wouldnt mind seeing discussed at the meeting.

1. The VB Cup - For some reason i dont find the VB Cup very interesting, maybe its the format or because i get eliminated in the first round every year. One of the aspects that i do like about the competition it that u get to play teams outside ur division but for most teams u only get to play one game. So maybe the format could be changed so there are small groups with the top of each group advances, like the World Cup (Soccer), u get the idea.

2. Betting - Any chance of seeing it return or some other optional competition for managers like a tipping comp of something.

3. Finances - There was a lot of talk about it a couple of months ago. Is it part of the WCC future?

Will post more if i have anymore good ideas.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
deckard said:
Just a couple of things i wouldnt mind seeing discussed at the meeting.

1. The VB Cup - For some reason i dont find the VB Cup very interesting, maybe its the format or because i get eliminated in the first round every year. One of the aspects that i do like about the competition it that u get to play teams outside ur division but for most teams u only get to play one game. So maybe the format could be changed so there are small groups with the top of each group advances, like the World Cup (Soccer), u get the idea.
The World Cup Soccer format is what will be implemented next season, which is why it will be run mid week...
There may be a slight change in the group sizes but other than that, that is the format it will be based on..

2. Betting - Any chance of seeing it return or some other optional competition for managers like a tipping comp of something.
Hasn't really been discussed but i guess if we nutted out some rules right from the start then i guess it could be a possibilty...
We will address this at the meeting...

3. Finances - There was a lot of talk about it a couple of months ago. Is it part of the WCC future?
At this stage no, i think it will be a couple of seasons away if it ever comes in... I cannot see a simple plan to introduce as yet, and until i do then it won't be looked at....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
deckard said:
1. The VB Cup - For some reason i dont find the VB Cup very interesting, maybe its the format or because i get eliminated in the first round every year.
yeah, know that sort of feeling, i have not won a game yet, got through to the 2nd round this year on forfiet :(, new format would be nice :)

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
There's no need for me to reiterate my points GB, since I'll be at the meeting anyway!
Yeah but 24 of the managers wont be, isn't it fair for them to have their 2 cents worth on it, maybe all those 24 hate the idea but because 4 people at the meeting like it, it gets implemented.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But surely the idea of a board is to run things and make these decisions?

You don't see the cabinet discussing things in public with the general public do you?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i said to blewy i am happy to run the vb cup and i like the idea of a world cup style draw.

play your group matches then u advance and so on.

nice, very nice

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
But surely the idea of a board is to run things and make these decisions?

You don't see the cabinet discussing things in public with the general public do you?
Certainly the final decisions will be made by the board but it is a good idea to get the views of some of the other managers on different issues. The board can then make a more informed opinion and other good ideas can be taken on board.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
i know this has been brought up before... i was just wondering if we could clarify how long the season will be and if we have a specific date we are kicking off next season?

nibbs

International Captain
WCC is a fun game, which we all love. The current system works fine, why gay it up, with a super gay rule? I don't know. Lets keep it the way it is...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
bugssy said:
i said to blewy i am happy to run the vb cup and i like the idea of a world cup style draw.

play your group matches then u advance and so on.

nice, very nice

there is 32 teams in the world cup, 2 acadamy teams, comprising of the best players in the acadamy perhaps

also, i had a quick chat to rich about this before, thought i would see what others thought too

Bringing back the trading of draft picks, now i dont see why it was really taken out, its a gamble for any managers involved, sure, but its their choice, trades involving DP's would ofcourse have to be even numbers, eg 3 players for a player and 2 DP's. The Draft list would also have to be availiable for all to view before the trading period opened, so people could get some idea about what their Draft pick might be worth.

Marc and Lord have to support this idea cause its more realistic:D :P :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
there is 32 teams in the world cup, 2 acadamy teams, comprising of the best players in the acadamy perhaps

The VB Cup will comprise of 30 sides, 6 groups of 5, with the top 2 and the 3 best 3rd places going to the round of 16