• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blewy said:
Jason is right, we need to get some veiws before the meeting....
And now I see why I should've stuck to my guns.

Of all the people I've talked to about my idea off here, not one has come out to me and said they think it's a terrible idea etc.

As soon as it goes on here it just gets attacked without getting a chance to be properly explained.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:

Bringing back the trading of draft picks, now i dont see why it was really taken out, its a gamble for any managers involved, sure, but its their choice, trades involving DP's would ofcourse have to be even numbers, eg 3 players for a player and 2 DP's. The Draft list would also have to be availiable for all to view before the trading period opened, so people could get some idea about what their Draft pick might be worth.
The only problem I can see is that we don't know who is dropped until after the trading has ended, so won't know who's in the draft till then!

However maybe there is a way of combining this into the suggestions made in my idea, and getting a rule - I mean could offer 2 good players for a great player and a lowly draft pick - that way the pick can theoretically be traded, but if it isn't then the manager at least has some say in what he picks up?

I will post something similar in the other thread to tie the 2 together.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
The only problem I can see is that we don't know who is dropped until after the trading has ended, so won't know who's in the draft till then!

However maybe there is a way of combining this into the suggestions made in my idea, and getting a rule - I mean could offer 2 good players for a great player and a lowly draft pick - that way the pick can theoretically be traded, but if it isn't then the manager at least has some say in what he picks up?

I will post something similar in the other thread to tie the 2 together.

well done trade draft picks until you know who is in the draft, also, perhaps trading coud be pushed back a little so everyone could know who is in the draft

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
well done trade draft picks until you know who is in the draft, also, perhaps trading coud be pushed back a little so everyone could know who is in the draft
But the majority of trading is done before players are dumped, so that'd never work in the way it's intended!