• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paid's Season Four Theories

Paid's theory which is the better one?

• They are all stupid!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I like Part 1

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I like Part 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like Part 3

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
In the previous seasons Paid has had a couple of good ideas, lets see how he goes this season!

Here we go with Paids theory for season 4...

W1: 1d
W2: 4d
W13: 1d
W14: 4d

W15: vbcup's final

---------

Note this would change the VB Cup, from a twenty five over cup... into two seperate cups one for 1day and one for 4day games.

Round 1:
Each week only 24 of the 28 teams will play an official league game. One team has to have the 'bye' from each league. These 4 teams play randomly... and thus will eliminate 2 teams. So after 7 one day weeks their will be only 14 teams left in the 1day Cup and after 7 four day weeks their will only be 14 teams left in the 4day Cup.

For here I have three theories.
Option A!
R2: Give the two highest/lowest ranked teams in the correct game type(1day or 4day) a bye into the next round. And the remaining 12 teams will play one another to go down to the final 8 (2 given byes and 6 through round 2)
R3: Eight teams down to Four (done through seeding?)
R4: Four down to Final Two
R5: Final and Third Place?

Or Option B!
R2: Give the two highest highest or lowest ranking R1 losers a second chance into the R2 games... From 16 teams (14 winners and 2 second chance losers) down to 8teams
R3: Eight to 4
R4: Four to 2
R5: Final

Or Option C!
R2: Give the highest two teams from the previous seasons Cup, a second chance. This will be chosen through this method, (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, then the highest ranked R3 loser, etc..)
R3: Eight to 4
R4: Four to 2
R5: Final

Well how about that?

--------

Season 5 DRAFT!
Award points thus...
FOR EACH LEAGUE(1day and 4day):

Won divisional league: 10pts
Second: 7pts
Third: 5pts
Fourth: 3pt
Fifth: 2pts
Sixth: 1pt
Seventh: 0pts

Also points for which division:
First Div: 6pts
Second Div: 3pts
Third Div: 0pts

Thus coming Second in Div 2 is worth (7+3 = 10pts) while last in Div 1 is worth (0+6 = 6pts)

And also for the Cups:

First: 16pts
Second: 12pts
Third: 9pts
Fourth: 7pts
R3 loser: 4pts
R4 loser: 2pts
R5 loser: 0pts

Example:
1Day league: Div 2 5th = (5pts)
1Day cup: R5 loser = (0pts)
4Day league: Div 3 2nd = (7pts)
4Day cup: Fourth = (2pts)
TOTAL = 5+0+7+2 = 14pts

Cloete

International Captain
haha some1's been doing a hell of alot of thinking. i had to read over it 3 times to fully understand what the hell u were on about. but i think Option A is definitely teh way to go!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah you guys are reading way to much into this dropping of teams issue...

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN...

Not until i get a good reason, and im confident at the moment the trouble teams will get managers who are committed, if not ill take one myself....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes and im confident from the quick reply from our Guyana manager to his email he is also very keen...

Cloete

International Captain
yeha also Craig and Mr.Ponting will be reliable. as both r constanlty on teh forum.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
It should be done... for two reasons...

** Shorten the season... 28weeks + VB cup is too long. (that is longer than the AFL!)

** At least another team probably two will drop out before the end of the season...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Firstly, it's only 20 weeks plus the VB (which is going midweek from next year) which isn't too long, and second, what makes you so sure we'll lose some people - we've only really had the 2 weak spots, and they're both now in the hands of people I honestly believe will remain in the game for a long time.