• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Trade?

Rich2001

International Captain
Just chatting to Blewy on MSN about trading and some of the first deals we did through the seasons, but got me thinking with the trade period arriving soon who has done the best trading move ever? and what's your personal trade your most proud of?

Best Trade Of All Time - Blewy (SA)

Blewy for Somerset's 1st DP pick.

I must say that has to be the best piece of managerment I've seen so far... We all thought Blewy was was nuts getting rid of Blewy who had an avg of well over 50 and a OD of nearly 40, at the time with a weak SA side it looked a massive move...

It wasn't the fact of getting the DP but using it to pick up R Stratton over the likes of Allen and Darden. R Stratton who quite fankly did rubbish in his first season however Blewy kept faith and is probley now the best AR in WCC on overall avg's and his performances have been fanatstic all season.

But I can safty say that your the one laughing well and truely at us all now.

My Best Trade - B Lara To NSW

B Lara + M Banes + A Loudon FOR S Waugh + S Clark + M Clarke

Well I wouldn't say it was my best as in who I got etc but it was the trade that changed my teams lives forever... as it gave me players people wantted to trade with and it kinda flowed on with better and better players arriving and the draft also helped that year in a big way.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
i got jayasuria form some1..... it has been my best trade. he has been averaging 25 4d and 20 1d but his retirement was the thing that mattered. because i got jayasuia and he retired i have got birch out of that tarde... who exceeds all possible expectations :). so indirectly that was the best trade i have ever done!

Rich2001

International Captain
Cloete said:
i got jayasuria form some1..... it has been my best trade. he has been averaging 25 4d and 20 1d but his retirement was the thing that mattered. because i got jayasuia and he retired i have got birch out of that tarde... who exceeds all possible expectations :). so indirectly that was the best trade i have ever done!
LOL and mate remember we agreed a deal but it turned out to be about 10 mins late... Oh it could so have been me :(

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
S.Graham for S.Macgill + V.Kambli + M.Sigera

If you see all those 3 have been playing really big roles in my team and almost all times led to my teams success

deckard

U19 Captain
Its not really a trade but my greatest decision was to make my team peform very poorly so i could pick up Clarke in the draft. :D :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ditto with my pick of Blewett (until recently he was top FC run scorer for the season in ALL divisions!)

Rich2001

International Captain
deckard said:
Its not really a trade but my greatest decision was to make my team peform very poorly so i could pick up Clarke in the draft. :D :D
So match fixing which is very very much frowned apon by the WCC Board.... Who wants Canterbury?

Cloete

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
So match fixing which is very very much frowned apon by the WCC Board.... Who wants Canterbury?
haha true..... well then marc should go as well... bein ga board member. lol :P;). yeah i luckily haven't had to do n emact hfixing :D:P:lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Cloete said:
haha true..... well then marc should go as well... bein ga board member. lol :P;). yeah i luckily haven't had to do n emact hfixing :D:P:lol:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Was we in a rush :P

deckard

U19 Captain
Rich2001 said:
I think it was pretty obvious i was throwing the matches, just look at the players i played like Agarkar. With a player like him do u really think i had a chance of winning? :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I didn't mean playing badly, I meant my pick wwas inspired!

The season I "threw" was where you and I split 1st and 2nd place between us in both comps!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deckard said:
I think it was pretty obvious i was throwing the matches, just look at the players i played like Agarkar. With a player like him do u really think i had a chance of winning? :lol:
This constant besmirching of the good name of AA must stop, or vengeance will be ours.