• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Safety

nibbs

International Captain
In the premiership people used to talk of the magic 40 point, considered has the safety mark for teams trying to avoid relegation (although the Hammer went down with 42 points).

The question is in this seasons one day league, how many wins do you need to consider yourself safe from relegation? Three, four, five??? I know its the question on everyones mind ATM, so whats your opinion on this dramatic, emotional question. Relegation can be disaster, for some, emotion for others. So please take this question seriously...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Unlike you go go way OTT Nibs! ;)

I think 4 wins should be enough to be surem but you never can tell - 3 may be enough, and even 2 if you win the play-off!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
In Div 5 5 wins doesn't even guarantee promotion! It's a rather crazy division!

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
With each team playing 10 matches I hope not! - 5 wins is only 10 points out of 20

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
With each team playing 10 matches I hope not! - 5 wins is only 10 points out of 20
Ok but at the moment I'm in 2nd place in my division having won 5 out of my 7 matches! Crazy division!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
If any side gets promotion on less than 8 wins from 10 (top spot) I'll b very surprised.

For second spot, you should aim for at least 7.