• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion? Relegation?

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Ok I'm a bit in the dark as to how the promotions and relegations will be done at the conclusion of this year.
Can anyone out there who knows 100% what's happening tell me where u have to finish to get promoted or relegated?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well it will be top side will automatically go through and the 2nd side will play the 2nd last side from the higher division and winner will either stay in that div or get promoted.

last team will automatically get dropped

for example

div 1
s.a
kent
w.a
lanc
qld
mumbai

div 2
yorkshire
nsw
vic
colts
surrey
tamil nadu

know if this is how the table finish at the end of the season
mumbai is gone (relegated)

yorkshire automatic promotion.

nsw would play qld to see where each team play

qld win they stay in div 1 and nsw stay in div 2

nsw win then qld go to div 2 and nsw get promoted.

hope this makes it easier.

so finishing 1st is a big advantage

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
IIRC the higher division team gets home advantage (or it may be at a neutral ground), and only requires a draw in 4D to retain their place.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Games will be held at the team from the higher divisions ground...

Draw in 4 day will be as good as a win for the higher division team...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
Games will be held at the team from the higher divisions ground...

Draw in 4 day will be as good as a win for the higher division team...
seems fair enough to me!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Say if im 2nd last in div 2 4day...

Can i chose to be relegated? that means i want to be relegated and hence the team that is 2nd in div 3 automatically gets a raise..?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
Say if im 2nd last in div 2 4day...

Can i chose to be relegated? that means i want to be relegated and hence the team that is 2nd in div 3 automatically gets a raise..?
Technically I suppose you could "throw" the play-off, but I really think that trying to lose is against the spirit of WCC.

Ryan_t2002

School Boy/Girl Captain
im sure to be relegated... its my own fault.. i have to learn from my mistakes i made during the off season period...

i will make sure im going to improve w.a