• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions for Trading Period

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Wel as we all know, we can no longer access PM's, and with the trade period closing in very very fast i was after suggestions as to how we can conduct trades...

The obvious choices are by MSN and Email however some people don't have access to MSN and email will slow the process considerably, i was wondering if there was any other suggestions we could look at for this period, it would be just for trades with everything else remaining the same....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well apart from MSN and email, perhaps a chat room could be set up on the website, and managers that dont have MSN could post when they would be around on the chat room??

(or we could force everyone to get MSN :D )

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A Chat room is too open IMO, and I'm against forcing people to get something.

Not sure what the way to go is, but I'm sure things will sort themselves out.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I don't see a problem with email. everyone checks their email when they come online anyway. so it'd be exactly the same as pm'ing nyway. If you're keen about trading, any way will do, so i think email's ok.

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy I don't think it will be a problem, myself and James were chatting last night and came up with a solution for the PM thing which most of the WCC managewrs liked, will try and find out how quickly James will implement it.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea i was there when rich was taking to james and Rich's idea sounded good

im sure i can try and talk to james aswell to try and get access to Pms for all Wcc members as i doubt if anyone of us are Misusing the Pms by advertising etc!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We cannot make any announcement as yet until our wonderful hosts announce what their plans are with regards to the PM issue.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well some people only have access to the net from work and most companies use a firewall which prevents programs like MSN and Yahoo from working...

Ryan_t2002

School Boy/Girl Captain
I dont go on msn much.. i dont like chatting , i think its a waste of time.. but if anyone wants to email ill be sure to check that