• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCC Sim Update!

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
I just completed the beta version of a records viewer for the wcc sim.This viewer would be present with every manager.GB would then need to send all the scorecards and 2 additional data files every week.The 2 data files should be copied to the directory of the viewer program and the program can then display a host of records which can also be saved. Also included is a search facility specially useful to find tht excat player you would like to add to your squad during trades!
Also remember that the sample data file provided is NOT indicative of the strength of the teams as team selections were random.
As always suggestions welcome and report any bugs.

the updated setup file can now be downloded in the reply below

Sriram

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I take it that you won't be release a non-WCC version of the game? It would be great if you would...

nibbs

International Captain
Looks good Sriram.

The only bit that confused me was when I was looking through the Warwickshire averages. Lawson had played 40 games?!?! While everyone else had played only 10.

Otherwise it looks good.......again

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
nibblet said:
Looks good Sriram.

The only bit that confused me was when I was looking through the Warwickshire averages. Lawson had played 40 games?!?! While everyone else had played only 10.

Otherwise it looks good.......again
That problem occured becoz it seems there are 2 J lawsons in the game! 1 in free state in div 5 and 1 in your team.I think we mite have to rename them as sr/jr or have something else to distinguish between them.

Sriram

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I am extremely impressed. It looks fantastic.

A couple of the screens when they come up, I can only see the top left corner of it and can't maximise it.

With the search function I could negotiate the top however many in the search but then could scroll down lower than that. The screen issue above may be playing a part there.

The academy players can be added at the end of the season to help people with trades.

These are only very minor issues and you should be proud of the work that you have done.

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
The Argonaut said:
I am extremely impressed. It looks fantastic.

A couple of the screens when they come up, I can only see the top left corner of it and can't maximise it.

With the search function I could negotiate the top however many in the search but then could scroll down lower than that. The screen issue above may be playing a part there.

The academy players can be added at the end of the season to help people with trades.

These are only very minor issues and you should be proud of the work that you have done.
Since there was such a lot of data to be displayed I could not fit it in a 800X600 screen resolution pls increase your screen resolution to 1024X768 and try again.

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
Heres the setup file now .It shud work properly 4 every1 now.
Also note that you can change the values in the min and max fields manually and search for players within the given ranges.

And a special thanks to James for increasing the upload file size limit 4 the program!:)

Sriram

Attachments

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
thats file doesn't work at all, get a "not a valid file" error message

i d/loaded the other one at school today and it looked awsome :)