• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opinions

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys it has been proposed that during this seasons trade period that players are only to be traded once...

This means that once a player has moved clubs he can no longer move again until the next seasons trade period...

It not only makes it easier on keeping tabs on where players are goin but it also makes it more realistic as no player in real life would move between 3 or 4 clubs in 3 or 4 weeks...

Anyway have a discussion and see what comes out of it, BUT KEEP IT NICE!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what about once per trade period (ie once before and after the draft) as this would help players with the balance of their side if needed after the draft

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
If finance is introduced then if the player is once sold is sold.So there is no question of trading again and again.

And if there is no finance then i think it should be as it is.If it is once then there will be no flexibility and trading will be boring.

So finance is a advantage again as we can liquidate money and but any player.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually in a few professional sports players do get traded more than once in the preseason. I think it should remain the way it is because a trade should be able to be made in order to acquire a player for your team or to acquire a player as a bargaining point to get another player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Aditya - I don't see how the finance would change the way some people trade.

What I think is the key here is that if the player were a real life human, they wouldn't be happy about being traded to a team just to be used as a bargaining tool.

I don't necessarily think it would make the trading period less interesting, but it would definitely make trading a more thoughtful process, since you can't just pick and sdrop players so easily!

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
marc71178 said:
Aditya - I don't see how the finance would change the way some people trade.

What I think is the key here is that if the player were a real life human, they wouldn't be happy about being traded to a team just to be used as a bargaining tool.

I don't necessarily think it would make the trading period less interesting, but it would definitely make trading a more thoughtful process, since you can't just pick and sdrop players so easily!
I wud like to use an example here as to how money could improve things as suggested by aditya...

Consider Mumbai are after B Allen. (Actually they were last season as well...:))
last season Kent might have asked 4 say get me Lehmann+tendulkar and u mite have allen.
This season I cant do it since if I get lehmann then Im stuck with him 4 sure.If finance is involved then maybe I cud ask rich gimme allen 4 tendulkar+ a hefty sum and he in turn could take it and get Lehmann from GB 4 the cash.

Again though a bit unrealistic the present form of trading allows ppl to build up teams nicely and allows flexibily.Thats my 2 cents in this topic rest up to Gb and the board.

Sriram

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Good point Sriram.

That would involve this rule being invoked.

I think if only finances are involved, some people will buy players to sell on immediately.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats a very good point sriram on both accounts...

Like i said all will be looked at...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Argonaut said:
I don't support the idea of trading a player only once. Keep it as is regardless of whether money comes into it.
Out of interest, why don't you support tthe idea?

Graham

3rd Umpire
I like things the way they are regarding trades and also do not want to see a salary cap or money system introduced.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I don't really like this idea. sure it's hard to keep tabs and that, but the trading frenzy is what makes WCC so bloody good

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Graham said:
I like things the way they are regarding trades and also do not want to see a salary cap or money system introduced.
thats exactly how i feel too!

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Out of interest, why don't you support tthe idea?
I like it the way it is. I must admit that I don't trade much. I think I've made one trade in 2 trade periods. It stymies the skill of the trader to build up his or her team.