Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Meeting...

Board Meeting...

Ok i am giving pre warning to managers that a board meeting will be held in coming weeks, this thread is a chance to put forward your issues that you want discussed at the meeting...

So if you want to be heard then place your ideas/opinions/agruments or whatever here and we will look at them.....

sweet i will try and be there

weekend will be good for me in the next 6 weeks as all day duties for me blewy.
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

International Debutant Eyes_Only's Avatar
    I'll have a think and get back to you lads!
    Simon Taufel---ICC Umpire Of The Year 2005/2006/2007

Proud Member of CW Green

Proud member of the Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team

NSW Blues---ING Cup Champions 2005/2006

3rd May 1955-19th January 2004----RIP Hookesy

"Just keep your mouth shut and I'll only have to think you're stupid." The golden rule of umpiring according to the world's best cricket umpire, Australia's Simon Taufel.

Rik
    No finance system, an agreement on the sim issue that people are happy with, more leniency on the failure to post rule (make it 2 matches in a row instead of over an entire season or such), world peace and a side order of salad please
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    No finance system, an agreement on the sim issue that people are happy with, more leniency on the failure to post rule (make it 2 matches in a row instead of over an entire season or such), world peace and a side order of salad please
    2 matches in a row is a ridiculously lenient method.

There is already a proposal on the table that is more lenient than 2 in any amount of time, but nowhere near that lenient.

As for the sim issue, well I don't see how you'll keep everyone happy but I'd be very surprised if it is distributed to the general public.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    2 matches in a row is a ridiculously lenient method.

It makes more sense than booting someone out if they have been active during most of the season but accidentally don't submit twice during the entire season. At least with 2 in 2 you give the people a chance, anyway isn't forfitting a match enough? When a manager does not submit a side a random side is picked and the result is forfitted. How is that lenient?

There is already a proposal on the table that is more lenient than 2 in any amount of time, but nowhere near that lenient.

What's so lenient about it? Manager doesn't submit, his result is forfitted, that's not lenient. Anyway if a manager comes back and posts one week after he's missed out one submittal, then obviously he's active and there is no reason to boot him out. Marc, I seriously hope you are not arguing with my for the hell of it, you just seem to want to downgrade whatever I say for your own personal pleasure, if that is the case then...

As for the sim issue, well I don't see how you'll keep everyone happy but I'd be very surprised if it is distributed to the general public.
    Spoken like a true "wrapped up in his own glory" board member...

Originally posted by Rik
    What's so lenient about it? Manager doesn't submit, his result is forfitted, that's not lenient. Anyway if a manager comes back and posts one week after he's missed out one submittal, then obviously he's active and there is no reason to boot him out.
    If a manager fails to submit and forfeits - it's not only his team that loses out - the other teams in the division also lose out as they don't get free wins against the team.

That is why on the second non submission, a team is selected and the game played as normal.

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    If a manager fails to submit and forfeits - it's not only his team that loses out - the other teams in the division also lose out as they don't get free wins against the team.

That is why on the second non submission, a team is selected and the game played as normal.
    Another point to be raised at the meeting then. Why not make it so if a player does not submit he cannot win? That's not lenient, it's harsh, but it will get the job done...then after 2 non-submittals in a row the manager is out. In my opinion, which I'm sure your just dying to ignore and berate, I think it would work a lot better and make sure that situations such as the recent one with Cloete do not happen.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    anything i have had to say about the idea of a a financial system has been said in other threads so i wont re-write it here

on the issue of failure to submit teams i think from here on in it should be voted on by the board, if the majority of the board vote to let the manager off than thats it, if they vote to romove him, thats it. that seems a simple system that could, if they wished, be lenient on an actoive manager that simply forgot a couple of weeks (not mentioning any names ofcourse)
    but i have to agree with marc that 2 matches in a row to be removed would be rediculously lenient
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I agree with Age. After all, what's the point of having a Board if you don't get to vote on stuff? I think that's the best way to resolve it, because that way you can remain consistent in method no matter what the circumstances surrounding a non-submission. This way, you're tempted to go against the rules in pardoning a manager and it may well come down to a vote. However, if the rule is to vote on the dismissal or retaining of a manager, then you won't be going against the rule by arriving at either decision.

(I'm sure that half the people who read the above post are confused. Well done to those who aren't. )
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    But then conflits such has hatred and other such issues might clash with the voting by the board members,

say for example if rich didnt like me ... he would for sure vote against me and that would mean i be kicked, even though looking from different perspectives that wouldnt be totally fair giving 1 person all that power when Wccc is supposed to be a everyone invovled thing

But then again whoever gets on the board has been chosen responsibly and ofcourse that means that they will vote sensibly , so in that sense it wouldnt matter At all

And im not in favour of the financial system
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    I'm for a salary implementation.
    i liked argo's idea
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    I'm against the idea of salaries being implemented, because although some think it would be simple, it just wouldn't be. It would end up getting complicated. Its sound like a good idea, but when you think about it, I just think how it could be implemented in a simple way..

Although I had a discussion with GB about the new sim not being distributed to the managers, I would still like the board to possibly consider giving the managers a copy. I hardly ever use VC4 for testing. It usually good when I'm bored to fill in time. I'd use the new sim the same way. It would be nice if the board could consider this, as I was looking foward to the new sim. However I understand if it nots distributed. I wont be mad .
    "Matt Damon"

Originally posted by lord_of_darkness
    But then conflits such has hatred and other such issues might clash with the voting by the board members,
    I'll think you find that we are able to separate these two issues.

I know a lot of people really like Andy, but that hasn't meant they've backed him up.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    i think there are enough people on the board to eliminate any dislikings, also the board should be mature enough - and i think that they all are - to be able to vote objectivly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information