• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Board Meeting...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok i am giving pre warning to managers that a board meeting will be held in coming weeks, this thread is a chance to put forward your issues that you want discussed at the meeting...

So if you want to be heard then place your ideas/opinions/agruments or whatever here and we will look at them.....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
sweet i will try and be there

weekend will be good for me in the next 6 weeks as all day duties for me blewy.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
No finance system, an agreement on the sim issue that people are happy with, more leniency on the failure to post rule (make it 2 matches in a row instead of over an entire season or such), world peace and a side order of salad please :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
No finance system, an agreement on the sim issue that people are happy with, more leniency on the failure to post rule (make it 2 matches in a row instead of over an entire season or such), world peace and a side order of salad please :)
2 matches in a row is a ridiculously lenient method.

There is already a proposal on the table that is more lenient than 2 in any amount of time, but nowhere near that lenient.

As for the sim issue, well I don't see how you'll keep everyone happy but I'd be very surprised if it is distributed to the general public.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
2 matches in a row is a ridiculously lenient method.

It makes more sense than booting someone out if they have been active during most of the season but accidentally don't submit twice during the entire season. At least with 2 in 2 you give the people a chance, anyway isn't forfitting a match enough? When a manager does not submit a side a random side is picked and the result is forfitted. How is that lenient?

There is already a proposal on the table that is more lenient than 2 in any amount of time, but nowhere near that lenient.

What's so lenient about it? Manager doesn't submit, his result is forfitted, that's not lenient. Anyway if a manager comes back and posts one week after he's missed out one submittal, then obviously he's active and there is no reason to boot him out. Marc, I seriously hope you are not arguing with my for the hell of it, you just seem to want to downgrade whatever I say for your own personal pleasure, if that is the case then...

As for the sim issue, well I don't see how you'll keep everyone happy but I'd be very surprised if it is distributed to the general public.
Spoken like a true "wrapped up in his own glory" board member...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
What's so lenient about it? Manager doesn't submit, his result is forfitted, that's not lenient. Anyway if a manager comes back and posts one week after he's missed out one submittal, then obviously he's active and there is no reason to boot him out.
If a manager fails to submit and forfeits - it's not only his team that loses out - the other teams in the division also lose out as they don't get free wins against the team.

That is why on the second non submission, a team is selected and the game played as normal.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
If a manager fails to submit and forfeits - it's not only his team that loses out - the other teams in the division also lose out as they don't get free wins against the team.

That is why on the second non submission, a team is selected and the game played as normal.
Another point to be raised at the meeting then. Why not make it so if a player does not submit he cannot win? That's not lenient, it's harsh, but it will get the job done...then after 2 non-submittals in a row the manager is out. In my opinion, which I'm sure your just dying to ignore and berate, I think it would work a lot better and make sure that situations such as the recent one with Cloete do not happen.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
anything i have had to say about the idea of a a financial system has been said in other threads so i wont re-write it here

on the issue of failure to submit teams i think from here on in it should be voted on by the board, if the majority of the board vote to let the manager off than thats it, if they vote to romove him, thats it. that seems a simple system that could, if they wished, be lenient on an actoive manager that simply forgot a couple of weeks (not mentioning any names ofcourse)
but i have to agree with marc that 2 matches in a row to be removed would be rediculously lenient

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with Age. After all, what's the point of having a Board if you don't get to vote on stuff? :) I think that's the best way to resolve it, because that way you can remain consistent in method no matter what the circumstances surrounding a non-submission. This way, you're tempted to go against the rules in pardoning a manager and it may well come down to a vote. However, if the rule is to vote on the dismissal or retaining of a manager, then you won't be going against the rule by arriving at either decision.

(I'm sure that half the people who read the above post are confused. Well done to those who aren't. :) )

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
But then conflits such has hatred and other such issues might clash with the voting by the board members,

say for example if rich didnt like me ... he would for sure vote against me and that would mean i be kicked, even though looking from different perspectives that wouldnt be totally fair giving 1 person all that power when Wccc is supposed to be a everyone invovled thing

But then again whoever gets on the board has been chosen responsibly and ofcourse that means that they will vote sensibly , so in that sense it wouldnt matter At all

And im not in favour of the financial system

nibbs

International Captain
I'm against the idea of salaries being implemented, because although some think it would be simple, it just wouldn't be. It would end up getting complicated. Its sound like a good idea, but when you think about it, I just think how it could be implemented in a simple way..

Although I had a discussion with GB about the new sim not being distributed to the managers, I would still like the board to possibly consider giving the managers a copy. I hardly ever use VC4 for testing. It usually good when I'm bored to fill in time. I'd use the new sim the same way. It would be nice if the board could consider this, as I was looking foward to the new sim. However I understand if it nots distributed. I wont be mad :) .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
But then conflits such has hatred and other such issues might clash with the voting by the board members,
I'll think you find that we are able to separate these two issues.

I know a lot of people really like Andy, but that hasn't meant they've backed him up.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think there are enough people on the board to eliminate any dislikings, also the board should be mature enough - and i think that they all are - to be able to vote objectivly

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
can you guys pleassseee try and discuss a way of getting people to write match reports. it's part of the game and people don't even do it nymore

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Implement the finance system.

If the finance system is implemented then i think the managers should have a option to keep the rookies who have been alloted for the retired players or the salary of the players retired which will be calculated as for all other players.

It will be fair for all the managers whose good players have retired and they have got bad rookies.

There are many other benefits of finance system.People have to write match reports regularly otherwise take fines.We can liquidate money and buy any player.so the player for player issue will be settled.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
can you guys pleassseee try and discuss a way of getting people to write match reports. it's part of the game and people don't even do it nymore
The problem I find is time. I do agree though that they are a bit of fun and if some kind of mutual agreement can be found I would support it. Even if it means just a small Report. Another problem is a lot of the managers just play it as a PBE, so they rarely come on the board other than during the draft and for transfers or team sheets. But I wouldn't mind them coming back :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
But then conflits such has hatred and other such issues might clash with the voting by the board members
But they shouldn't be Board members if they would let prejudice guide their decisions. The people who are picked as Board members should be trustworthy and objective in character and mind.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Only one thing.....that I be present at this meeting to explain the pros and cons of the finance system.I understand that its the board and if I'm not allowed,I wont be mad! :)