• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Board Meeting...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although I can see your point TBY, I think it may not be the best idea, since this has already been gone through in depth on the forum, and if you are allowed to join the meeting, other people who are just as against the idea as you are for it (such as niblett) would then feel aggrieved at not being invited.

I feel that with the number of postings on here, the board should be allowed to discuss it without outside interference.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok as for a report writing issue, we could maybe look at this...

Only a home team is forced to write a report...

If they fail once they get a warning, twice they get either a monetry fine(if finance is implemented) or a points fine(a couple of points), and if it continues to happen then maybe some type of longer punishment...

This however would not stop the Away manager from being allowed to post a report it would just mean that we should at least have 15 managers each week posting a report...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
rik, how do you not find time?
you were online on the forum for at least an hour before i went to bed last night. you are online every night i am. even if you write your match report over 4 days. spend 2 or 3 minutes each day to write it. another 30 secondsto cut and past onto the forum and in 8-10 minutes you have a match report.
if you cant spare that much time each week. then i think wcc isnt the game for you.

on the subject of the board meeting, i dont currently have MSN on blewy. i will try and have to come up with some other arrangement for the board meeting. so give me plenty of notice, i will probably go over to a mates place and use his computer.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
won't be for a couple of weeks yet anyway sim... Just giving people plenty of notice so that they can get their ideas in...

Eclipse

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Ok as for a report writing issue, we could maybe look at this...

Only a home team is forced to write a report...

If they fail once they get a warning, twice they get either a monetry fine(if finance is implemented) or a points fine(a couple of points), and if it continues to happen then maybe some type of longer punishment...

This however would not stop the Away manager from being allowed to post a report it would just mean that we should at least have 15 managers each week posting a report...
I like that Idea.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
on the issue of reports, it should be just left as it is , not really compulsory , because if we have too many things that are a must it will create problems later on... and for sure the people who might say that reports should be made compulsory wont find time all throughout Wccc season to post reports or such

nibbs

International Captain
not having a go at the board here... but its the board who want us to post more reports but this week for instance the only board member to post a report is Rich. I know some have perfectly good reasons, but others that seem to be on all the time like Marc and Bugs have not. Why don't you guys write a report?

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
In the topic of Match reports I can say Im the number 1 defaulter but I have a reason 4 it. I think writing match reports is an art.Some ppl like TYB and Graham can write very interesting reports but I myself find most of my reports boring.So theres no point in writing something tht ppl Im sure will not find interesting.So I havent bothered with the reports so far.

If its pressed on the next season then ...well I have no problems writing but You are the 1s who gonna get bored reading em...!!:D :D :D

Sriram

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I like blewy's idea.
And sriram i'd read your match reports i don't care, i'm a boring guy to.
But I think that we should have pride in our team, people not doing them and slackening off it shows they don't really care and it's poor.
I like Blewy's idea that the home side must post, otherwise the next home game they have will be relocated to the other teams home ground.

nibbs

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
that the home side must post, otherwise the next home game they have will be relocated to the other teams home ground.
I don't like it..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Nibblet, May i ask why you don't like it???

You post a report every week therefore you could only benefit from it....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
rik, how do you not find time?
Because, for the past 3 days, I have been at the band flat which has no internet...

I think you will find WCC is, quite obviously a game suited to this, since it's a PBE.

Last edited: