• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 6 Four Day Reports

Rich2001

International Captain
Posts reports here once results are made public....

BTW as you may of noticed I just remembered most didn't like the way the reports were posted in the seprate forum so have ask James to delete it and all the reports are back in the main forum.

Richard

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Colts gain revenge against Canterbury

After Confusion about who we were playing this week due to we were playing, the boys turned up to the game fired up and ready to go.

After Winning the toss canterbury had a shaky start losing Jaffer and Sinclair for single figures. Mills (64) began the comeback, he was aided by solid contributions from Chanderpaul (23) and Raza (31) and rear guard action from White (54*) and Clarke (29). before Beasley cleaned up the tail, Canterbury all out for 256.

The poor opening batting continued with Manager Andrew Garvens move of moving Kumble up the order not paying off as he and Shewag were both removed with the scoreboard still showing 0. Last seasons hero's Singh (23) and Anderson (56) combined for 55 before Singh was by a great catch by Mills off the bowling of Clarke. Sharaths move down the order howsever did pay off as he made his way to a solid 71. The Colts long batting order also showed some skill with the South African pair of Klusener(50*) and Boucher (29) also completing a 50 partnership. Clarke (3/61) and Kahn (3/68) were the pick of teh bowlers.

The Match was well and truly alive at the half way point with both sides having a huge oportunity to gain on the Division 4 table.

Canterbury started more solidly this innings making thier way to a steady 1/83 before Kumble removed Mills and Chamderpaul in quick succession. The Canterbury innings than went along with a steady fall of wickets throughout the rest of the innings, plenty of batsmen getting starts but not capitalising on them. White was the standout of the innings making another very solid 50. The wickets were evenly shared between the colts bowlers with Noffke, Shaw, Beasley, Kumble and Klusener taking 2 wickets each.

We needed 228 runs to take the match out, this was going to be difficalt with the competitions best bowler on a last day pitch. All the batsmen however performed well to see us home by 6 wickets. Kumble (23) and shewag (85) put on the biggest opening partnership of the game and Singh also made a solid 58. Anderson and Sharath tried to finish the game off quickly but this failed for Sharath when he was caught in the outfield of fthe bowling of clarke for 24(19) Simon Katich then joined Anderson to see us home.

Manager Andrew Garven was clearly over the moon at his teams performance saying "This is a fantastic result against the form side in the division, hopefully this will give us the confidence to finish the season with a bang. We are now just 19 points behind Canturbury, so any slip up could cost us the title. i think the key games for each team will be when they play Western province, a win of a loss there could decide the title."

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Young Blood

Province hosted Auckland with one aim in mind, to stand up and show D4 that the Province side are capable of gaining promotion.

The Province's first innings was nothing short of stunning. After a season of their capable batsman getting starts and not going on with it the Province men took what they had been working on at training into the game, and this time CONCENTRATED without throwing their wickets away. Admittdely the Auckland bowling attack was weak and allowed the batsman to capitalise, with Llewellyn slotting into the opening role beautifully scoring 75. His partnership with Laxman was worth 153 and when Laxman was dismissed for 96 Province had the upper hand and were keen to enforce it. Nathan Astle looked like he had finally returned to his best form, after overcoming injury scoring a dazzeling 92, however once again it was Francis Rickman up the other end dictating play. His innings of 102 was his first first class century and he continues his impressive year. David Brown (6/75) was brilliant for AUckland in keeping his head up and allowing his side to restrict Province to 455, something gettable.

Auckland were keen to show Slats4ever just how much they have improved over the last season and their top order was brilliant. Both Matthew Horne (96) and Eddie Howarth (88) batted in exciting fashion to see the lead rapidly diminish. However the Province bowlers then wrestled back the ascendency and the rest of the innings was fairly even with Ryan Campbell scoring 76 and Telemachus and Yates taking 2 a piece and Nelson and Irani taking 3. Auckland were eventually dismissed for 443 and game on.

It had only been 2 days earlier that the Province top order had crashed the Auckland bowlers. However the Auckland bowlers were keen to exact some revenge at a very crucial time. Province were wrangling at 5-53. this sparked the Province batting line up alive. It was now or never (as it has been on many occasions this season) for the Province Season. Prince lead against his old club and amassed a very stodgy 52. However wonderful efforts from the lower order including 38 from Irani, 29 from Yates, 28 from Lee and a wonderful 36* from Nelson turned the game into a real thriller going into the final innings with Auckland needing 279.

After a shaky start by the Auckland top order they eventually found their rhythm and looked to be cruising at 4-130. However a wonderful fight back by the Province bowlers once again with their backs to the wall led by 5-40 from young I Nelson saw Auckland dismissed for 180.
Province winning by 99 runs.
Man of the match was undoubtedly I Nelson, who in a game primarily dominated by the bat, enjoyed vital success of his own with the bat and virtually won the game with 5-40 in Aucklands final innings.

This lead Slats4ever to say "Today's game was a sign the side is keen. Our backs were to the wall on many occasions but to the guys credit we gutsed it out. once again it was dissapointing the allow Auckland back in after our first innings, however to take the points here was a very impressive effort"

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
No such luck for me against Lancashire ... everytime they have played me now they have successfuly managed to whoop my ass without any trouble..

Damn loss again ... although i realize now my bowling is not quite up to the quality that the other div 2 4d teams have

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire thrash Glamorgan.......eventually

Glamorgan batted first and played well getting through to 190/4 before Kaneria's (29/4) magic saw them fall to pieces and all out for 204.

Warwickshires response was just as ****. After a slow start, at 81/3, Howarth (48) and Hemanath Kumar (39) tryed to give the home a side a good lead, but good bowling from Glamorgan saw Warwickshire out for 240, ten short of the bonus point mark (fourth time this season). Mant batsmen made starts but none went on.

Glamorgans second innings was a repeat of the first. Again a good start saw a collapse. From 103/0 they finished all out for 204, again. Lawson enjoyed his second five wicket haul of the season, leaving Warwickshire 169 runs to win in nearly two days of cricket.

Anderson and Ali went early, and at 31/2 the game sit on the knife edge. However the Sriram and Howarth were determined to see the side home. Howarth smashed the welsh sides bowling everywhere with superb 72* off only 82. Sriram's unbeaten 56 off 76 was just as brutal.

Warwickshire win by 8 wickets.

The win takes Warwickshire out to a 10 point lead. The next four day round could decide everything as Warwickshire travel to Tasmania.

"Our second innings batting efforts have been really good this season. But the 1st innings have just been really really ****. Improvements there would be really helpful. The bowling as usual was great. Gregson now has 35 wickets in his rookie season, while Kaneria again proved his worth as he clocked up wickets number 32"

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Eyes_Only was surprised to learn that ND had come away with a draw in this round.

"I am yet to have a close look at the scorecard as I have just started a new job, but I have been told we managed a draw....which is much better than a loss. :P

As soon as I have a close look at the scorecard, I will post a more detailed report
Eyes_Only said today

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Tasmania and Lester fought a tough and grueling draw.

Nothing inportant to talk about except...

Dean Hills got injured and therefore has retired from the WCC.