• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best all-time Team

Which team do you class as the best all time WCC team??

• Queensland Season 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New South Wales Season 1

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mumbai Season 2

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Queensland Season 2

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Karnataka Season 2

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • South Australia Season 3

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK heres a thread which will get people thinking...

Which team do you class as the best all time WCC team??

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
I think the karnataka team this season deserves a mention too....

Im incined to go 4 Qld 1 or Qld 2 since they put in fantastic performances with just above avg stats but I must stay loyal...

Mumbai season 2 :)

Sriram

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Sriram k said:
I think the karnataka team this season deserves a mention too....

Im incined to go 4 Qld 1 or Qld 2 since they put in fantastic performances with just above avg stats but I must stay loyal...

Mumbai season 2 :)

Sriram
I guess there is a case for and against all teams....

QLD Season 1, Did have to go from scratch but also they were against teams who were also going from scratch...

NSW Season 1, Had a great team winning the inagural VB Cup, but lost to QLD in the D1 League...

Mumbai Season 2, Were strong in both leagues winning 4 day, but also had a few losses...

Karnataka Season 2, Clean swept the 4d league, and only 1 loss in OD, also taking out the VB Cup, but was not in the high company of teams like the rest...

SA Season 3, Undefeated in both 4d and 1d leagues and a 2nd round loss in VB Cup, season only half over and anything can still happen....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
even though goffy would like me to vote for his side, i feel nsw would win my vote. first year at the helm and getting the silverware and to just miss out on div 1 also was a great start up season.

:P

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I was not there in season 1 so i dont know much abt season 1 team.

In season 2 i think Mumbai were good but the best has to be Karnataka.In the debut season they won the 4d and VB Cup and with just 1 loss whole season.

This seasons SA team is also great but the season is still not completed.

nibbs

International Captain
Had of they been mentioned in this poll, Karnataka Season 3 would have received my vote. However they aren't in this poll, so Mumbai Season 2 gets my vote. They aren't the same side this season...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
You cant really say whos the best team out of them , taking a note into consideration that these teams started of with like 6 star players atleast

eg mumbai with tendulkar , kambli

you cant really go worse off as wccc moves through so those teams which started of well will be the strongest today..

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
lord_of_darkness said:
You cant really say whos the best team out of them , taking a note into consideration that these teams started of with like 6 star players atleast

eg mumbai with tendulkar , kambli

you cant really go worse off as wccc moves through so those teams which started of well will be the strongest today..

seen Mumbais 1 day performances this season?!! Im not sure they particularly prove my teams strength.
I think Gb and the board have done a fine job with the draft so that teams at the bottom like TN and warwickshire have strengthened and teams like Mumbai and NSW are finding it hard.

Sriram

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, the teams that lose out in the draft are the middle of the road sides that don't have a strong side, but don't get great picks...