• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warwickshire players their learn fate!

nibbs

International Captain
Warwickshire players learn their fate!

Warwickshire players found out last night, if they would be playing for the Birmingham Club next season. Inconsistent one day form and immenent promotion in four day cricket means the side will need strengthening.

At a press conference manager Kurt Christensen acknowledged that everyone, management and fans were proud how far the side had come in such a short space of time, but everyone says there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Warwickshire are expected to get down to a bit of work in the transfer market, but nothing like last season which in the end saw 13 new faces in the squad, with only three players being retained.

AF Giles - Open to all offers
J Lawson - Open to all offers
D Anderson - Staying
M Hasnain - Open to all offers
M Masroor - Open to all offers
G Ali - Open to all offers
S Sriram - Staying
D Kaneria - Staying
A Adams - Open to all offers
Z McDonald - Staying
D Howarth - Staying
C Hemanath Kumar - Staying
B Gregson - Staying
J Hockley - Gone
M Ealham - Open to all offers
W Hegg - Gone

Hegg and Ealham are both considering retirement while everyone else will be hoping theirs a team for them next season.

The players with staying next to their name will remain at the club. However all other players, are open for discussion. Yep. So if anyone is interested leave send PM!

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
hmmmmmmm...I take it none of you except Ian are interested in any of my players?

nibbs

International Captain
It never hurts to be prepared. You never know, GB might drop a bombshell and declare that the season will be completed over the next two weeks.

Rich2001

International Captain
nibblet said:
hmmmmmmm...I take it none of you except Ian are interested in any of my players?
LOL at least give everyone a chance to see the thread! You didn't even give 9 hours before you asumed that :P - Iam seeing this for the first time 15 hours after you posted due to sleeping and working all day.

Anyway like most have said, we are only halfway through the season anything could happen in the remaining half, players could gain or lose form etc

Until a more detailed view of our players can be made and a few border players can be given a run etc then expect a few more solid intrest / bids

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
agree with rich,

mate i have had a heap of offers for players.and i know some of them will go as i am revamping the nsw squad for the years to come. looking long term.

Rich2001

International Captain
bugssy said:
agree with rich,

mate i have had a heap of offers for players.and i know some of them will go as i am revamping the nsw squad for the years to come. looking long term.
But only one team is the one Bug's loves most, Right Mate! :saint: :D :cool2:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
It never hurts to be prepared. You never know, GB might drop a bombshell and declare that the season will be completed over the next two weeks.
I think we do know that that just ain't going to happen.