• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great News if true

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Interestingly i recieved a application to join WCC the other day, When i replied to explain to the person he was placed on the waiting list, he told me the reason he applied was he was working for a Fantasy Cricket Competition website and that they were conducting awards on Fantasy cricket games...
He said that we were in line to take an award and that he needed to do a report on the WCC..

I am not 100% sure on the legitimacy of this but have asked for a bit more info... But if this is true, it is a big day in the WCC history....
:D :D :D :D

Agent TBY

International Captain
Woah,this is fantastic!! And if he's going to a report on WCC,we need to up the tempo of this place by a lot!!! Bust your ass people!!!

And I think we have a very realistic chance of winning because of the depth in the rules!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Would awards lead to a massive influx of entrants?

Thank God I'm in division 2 /1 and not division 55!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
as everyone else said great news if true, we deserve some recognition for being part of such a great game. its not just 1 or 2 people or even the board that keep the game going. its all the managers that are reliable and post sides and reports every week. so regardless its a good opportunity to say well done to everyone involved in WCC.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok make what you want of this, but it seems more and more legit everytime i hear from him... The only thing is im yet to get an official site...

I have talked to the Cricket Fantasy Foundation Chairman and he said for you
to E-mail me when there are any vacancies and when the next season starts.I
need to get some info like what program are you using to run the World Club
Cricket and when did you start the World Club Cricket. Also if you run the
World Club Cricket by yourself or you have helpers, all this info is needed
in the report.one more thing is needed in the report, i needed to get if it
is one week as a manager of a team in World Club Cricket. If you have a team
maybe you can lend the Cricket Fantasy Foundation it just to see what the
game is made up of.

Cricket Fantasy Foundation- I am the Manager Of Fantasy Cricket Competition

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
wont it be a little crowded on stage when we get the award pmsl.

all fighting for the trophey hahaha

go the wcc

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it will be great if it gets to the situation of having even more teams, the more the merrier. it can only be good for the game and particulary cricketweb, i dont think we should forget what the site has done for us.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Simon is 110% right, if it weren't for Cricketweb this sim would've never got off the ground...

Cloete

International Captain
This is great news!! but i think the best time to give him/them a team is for round 18 four day. then he can play that round, as well as staying on for another week during trading. just to see what that's like. and if it need be he can stay for the draft. buth this is great news for WCC. also alot of credit ust go to Rich and GB for putting in so much effort in the early stages. also to all who have been board members, and finally a big well done to EVERY manager. especially those who have put alot of time into WCC and post regularly. everyone can give themselves a pat on the back. good work ppl :P:D:lol::lol::D

Cloete

International Captain
o how could i forget!! a big well done to steve!! he's been doing a great job with the site, great work m8!!

nibbs

International Captain
Its all good getting awards, but I have a question. Is this guy just a random jabroni, with handing out random jabroni awards or is his Fantasy Cricket Foundation a well respected organisation, that will do a world of good for WCC???

Rich2001

International Captain
If true it's good, but I'll warn on the undecided side for now.

It may just be me but if I was sending these e-mails out surely you want to promote your site as much as possible yet in two e-mails they never mentioned one.

Which brings me onto the fact I just did a search (various combinations) of Cricket Fantasy Foundation and nothing came up, so unless they are using a different name or combination then I can't find anything.

If you was testing / reviweing would you sign up the normal way or would you e-mail saying that and say is there a team I could run etc.

I just think until it's all proved etc it would be unwise to give out all our detials to a unkown just incase they suddendy appear with a rival sim.

Like I say your all allowed to make your own minds up but for me I would want some more (and solid) facts first.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
Its all good getting awards, but I have a question. Is this guy just a random jabroni, with handing out random jabroni awards or is his Fantasy Cricket Foundation a well respected organisation, that will do a world of good for WCC???
If it gets more people interested, it can only be good for the game, and hence for Cricketweb.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rich2001 said:

It may just be me but if I was sending these e-mails out surely you want to promote your site as much as possible yet in two e-mails they never mentioned one.

Which brings me onto the fact I just did a search (various combinations) of Cricket Fantasy Foundation and nothing came up, so unless they are using a different name or combination then I can't find anything.

If you was testing / reviweing would you sign up the normal way or would you e-mail saying that and say is there a team I could run etc.

I just think until it's all proved etc it would be unwise to give out all our detials to a unkown just incase they suddendy appear with a rival sim.

Like I say your all allowed to make your own minds up but for me I would want some more (and solid) facts first.
so what if a rival sim does show up, seriously, as if it could be as well runs as this one, also the thing that makes WCC run well is all the managers, and they can take all the idea's they want, but they cant take us

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:

I am very much on the same line as you rich, as much as i get excited about it, i keep telling myself that until its confirmed then not to think about it....
But it still sounds good...:P :P

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
so what if a rival sim does show up, seriously, as if it could be as well runs as this one, also the thing that makes WCC run well is all the managers, and they can take all the idea's they want, but they cant take us
I know what your saying Age...
The thing with Sim's is that people have no idea what it takes to run one... I have seen so many over the years start up and stop a little bit later...
Sometimes it gets hard when you get alot of complaints etc, and thats when people give up.. Thats partly the reason i have brought in the board, so there a bunch of people to help and that does not leave all the complaints on the 1 person....

Like Mel Gibson once said...
" They may take our ideas, but they'll never take our GAAAAAMMMMMEEEE"

Well somethin like that anyway...
:P :P :P

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Blewy said:

Like Mel Gibson once said...
" They may take our ideas, but they'll never take our GAAAAAMMMMMEEEE"

Well somethin like that anyway...
:P :P :P
That's exactly what I thought to:lol: :lol: :lol: