• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blewy - I have a big problem with my result

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As you know i lost, but thats not the problem, the way i lost has made me unhappy.
I have an injured player, m dawn, who is my best bat, i didnt play him as required, but karachi had an injured player M Wagh and he did play.
he scored 79* in the 2nd innings as i lost by 3 wickets.
This is from last weeks email
M Wagh Karachi 4 Round 7-1d Back Strain

and this week
M Wagh not out 79 (100)

I dunno what the rule is with this, but i want something done, as i think its completely unfair.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be fair, wasn't the Karachi side selected by the simmer as Karachi defaulted?

In that case, it's understandable the injury was overlooked.

Rich2001

International Captain
I think this is going to have to be put down as a bad mistake on a number of peoples part, the manager obviously and to an extent the simmer for not checking.. and maybe everyone else for not seeing it when the team was posted (ok that's a bit harsh, but i've seen people pick them out before ;) )

However I can see little that can be done now, your no doubt looking for a re-match.. However I would find this highly unfair to the large numbers of managers who have already suffered and all they got was Blewy telling managers to check the injuries and now that player is out for longer.

Simon

yeh thats true, but in a way that makes it even worse. I just dont think its fair one of their injured star batsman can play and win them the game while my injured star batsman doesnt play

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
To be fair, wasn't the Karachi side selected by the simmer as Karachi defaulted?

In that case, it's understandable the injury was overlooked.
Well that changes things doesn't it :) and as you know once you do the randomly selected side, even if the simmer had noticed the injuired player theres no way to get back to the team sheet without playing the game (or closing the programe)

Simon

marc71178 said:
On a second default, a proper team should be selected.
Thats what i thought too. Cause it isnt fair on the manager coming in if a poor side is picked.
I want to wait to see what blewy has to say about this.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, as you would understand its a mistake that could go through without being picked up...

From what i can gather the side was done by computer selecting the team and like rich said once the side is done, there is no going back...

This im afraid is gonna have to be put down to a unfortunate experience and us simmers will have to be extra careful from now on, that if we have to select a team that we don't pick random players and we check for injuries...

Simon

Blewy said:
Well, as you would understand its a mistake that could go through without being picked up...

From what i can gather the side was done by computer selecting the team and like rich said once the side is done, there is no going back...

This im afraid is gonna have to be put down to a unfortunate experience and us simmers will have to be extra careful from now on, that if we have to select a team that we don't pick random players and we check for injuries...
ok fair enough i will cop it on the chin now, but is the player (M Wagh) going to be out for an extended period, just like what would happen if anyone else had played an injured player.

nibbs

International Captain
Could I ask in the unlikely event that the simmer happened to uncorrectly pick my side, for a key game (ie to avoid relegation) leaving out a key player of mine and if I lost, would the match be replayed?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
Could I ask in the unlikely event that the simmer happened to uncorrectly pick my side, for a key game (ie to avoid relegation) leaving out a key player of mine and if I lost, would the match be replayed?

If a simmer picked your side, it'd only be because you'd defaulted for a second time, in which case, it wouldn't be your side any more.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i dont think its fair that i, the simmer am getting the blame, its not my job to check if managers put there side in correctly, ( to an extend)and if a side forfeits why should i worry, i let the system auto pick the team. i know what injurys the blues have but why would i care about any other side.

i am sorry that this happened and am willing to stand down as simmer and board member if thats what i need o do to keep the peace. even hand over nsw to someone(not that i want to but if it helps keep the peace then hey) as from the above it looks like i have upset a few ppl.

when teams get submitted its not hard to check if u have players injured and to make sure there are 11 players, sorry for stuffing it up

bugs :(

Last edited:

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Please do not take this all out on bugs. simmers do a great job, and if they could name the files right then i would be even more happy with there great work.

From my point of view two options exist:

1. replay the match with Wagh

2. give the points to ACT

these are based firmly on real life, where plaing an inilegible player in any form of cricket is an automatic forfeit.

just my 2 cents.

Rich2001

International Captain
Coach_Pearson said:
Please do not take this all out on bugs. simmers do a great job, and if they could name the files right then i would be even more happy with there great work.

From my point of view two options exist:

1. replay the match with Wagh

2. give the points to ACT

these are based firmly on real life, where plaing an inilegible player in any form of cricket is an automatic forfeit.

just my 2 cents.
Hey Bug's don't worry it's a genuine mistake on a few peoples parts, these things happen....

Which brings me to Steve, IMO mate I would leave it as it is for the following reasons.

1 - A few teams have had this happen to them this season and all they got was a sorry and the player is out for an extented period, which would make it unfair on them to do either of the above you mentioned without going through these matches and doing the same for them.

2 - If you reply the match the avgerages and all records would be stuffed up, so nobody in Division 5 will have any for the rest of the season, which also is a disadvantage to the rest of us as would you trade with a division 5 side on the basics of 4 matches comapred to the 10 there should be?

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
If a simmer picked your side, it'd only be because you'd defaulted for a second time, in which case, it wouldn't be your side any more.
What I meant Marc, is that the simmer incorrectly picks the side, that manager had originally picked (ie team picked on time).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
i dont think its fair that i, the simmer am getting the blame, its not my job to check if managers put there side in correctly, ( to an extend)and if a side forfeits why should i worry, i let the system auto pick the team. i know what injurys the blues have but why would i care about any other side.
Bugs, at no point was I critcising you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
What I meant Marc, is that the simmer incorrectly picks the side, that manager had originally picked (ie team picked on time).
I see, that would be a different scenario completely, and one I don't think we have provision for since all the simmers are great ;)

Simon

bugs mate, im not upset with you, im upset with the rules, and the fact that this will probably happen again and with the same result. the rules need to be changed for future intances. and back to the point of Wagh, id now like to see him out for an extended period like would happen to everyone else.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm sure Blewy will look at the situation and the WCC doctors will diagnose exactly how much damage has been done to him by playing when unfit.