• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Mid-Season Review

nibbs

International Captain
The season is now pretty much at the half way stage. How do you rate your sides proformance to this point, happy, mad, sad???

Reveal all here!

nibbs

International Captain
Four Day
Division 3
Position: 1st

I'm very happy with the teams efforts so far. 4 wins from 5 games isn't bad. We've picked up 28 bonus points which is just about the best in four day cricket in WCC.

However there are still concerns. One of the main concerns is batting. All the runs are being scored by 4 individuals. Without Hemanath Kumar (93.75), Sriram (76.63), Howarth (56.38) and Anderson (52.12) the team pretty much resembles last seasons squad with the next best being McDonald at 27. After him, theres no one over 20. If the batting can improve, Warwickshire will win the division three title race.

Warwickshires success in the four dayers are a direct result of the sides bowling. Compared to last season, this bowling line up is simply amazing. Rookie, Ben Gregson has taken 29 wickets so far at an average of 17.72. He is certainly living up to his billing. The other key bowler has been Danish Kaneria. The Pakistani International has been in good touch with 26 wickets at 16.38. These two are backed up well by Hasnain (18 at 26.33) and Lawson (18 at 29.39). If Warwickshire get automatic promotion into the second division, these four players will be the reason why.

One Day
Division 3
Position: 3rd

Its been one of those up and down seasons in the one dayers. Going down in the opening match to Worcestershire, before not only beating, but thrashing the highly rated Karnataka side. At Warwickshire the key objective is to achieve promotion in four day, so the one day results aren't being worried about to much.

Its hard to figure out how Warwickshire have done as well as they have done in the one dayers. Other than Anderson (276 at 69) everyone has been average.

deckard

U19 Captain
Canterbury

Four Day
Division 4

5 games. 5 wins. As you would expect im very happy with the four day season so far. It has been easier then expected so far with teams like Colts and WP out of form. But it has still been a strong performance given the potential of the opponents.

The Stars

Mills - Been Canterbury's best batsmen this season with 608 runs at an average of 76. Given that he has had no not outs thats a good average. Top score of 203, with 1 200 and 3 100's.

Raza - One of my off season recruits has performed well scoring 398 runs at 66.33.

Sinclair - My WK has been the suprise batsmen this season scoring 362 at 45.25 which is well above his career average of 27.

Clarke - My first round pick has proven to be my top bowler taking 33 wickets at the average of 17.79 and a SR of 33.6.

Kirby - Has continued his good form from last season taking 29 wickets at 20.28

Schofield - Has had a good all round performance with a batting average of 52.67. He has also taken 11 wickets at 27.91.

The Duds

Johnson - After being my top batsmen last season he has fallen to the bottom with a poor average of 15.67. Dropped after 3 matches and given the recent success of White he is unlikely to regain his position. Given the competition for positions he is likely to face the axe at the end of the season.

Khan - Been a dissapointing season for a bowler of his quality taking only 15 wickets at 35.20.

One Day
Division 4
Position: 3rd

Review will be posted later.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
FOUR DAY
Division 3
Position 2nd

4 wins and a loss puts me 5 points behind top.

ONE DAY
Division 4
Position 1st

5 wins has put Tassie on top.

STARS
1 day. (out of maximum 25pts)
F. Akram 13
D. Evans 10
H. Midlane 9
S. Anwar 9
T. Canning 9

4day. (out of maximum 25pts)
F. Akram 21
N. Knight 12
S. Anwar 10

OVERALL SEASON SO FAR (maximum 475pts)
F. Akram 331
S. Anwar 183
T. Canning 153
J. Gillespie 135

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
KARNATAKA

Division 2
Four Day
Position 1st
Played 5 Won 5

All the players have played well as excepted.We have to perform with same spirit if we have to win promotion in the elite division.There should be no complacency.

STANDOUT PLAYERS TILL NOW
1.Aditya Jones:-What can be said about him.I have no words.He is one of the best players in WCC.He was a bit off colour in the opening games of the 4d comp but now he is fired up.
BATTING AVG 46.5
BOWLING AVG 19.15

2.Karan Rangnekar:-Superb rookie!!Batted with full consistency.
BATTING AVG 64.57
BOWLING AVG 18.33(part timer)

3.Kapil Godwin:-My first pic!!Is being groomed by Aditya Jones and is another good allrounder.
BATTING AVG 45.83
BOWLING AVG 26.18

4.Kabir Ali:-Brought in the team at the expence of S Muller,IR Bell and N Round and is showing that it wasnt a bad deal.Playing to his potential.
BATTING AVG 29.67
BOWLING AVG 21.38

Division 3
One Day
Position 1st
Played 5 Won 4

A bit disappointed with the last loss against Warwickshire.But i think it was just a off day.All the other 4 wins were thumping.We have to win all remaining matches to be sure of promotion.

STANDOUT PLAYERS TILL NOW
1.Aditya Jones:-Again he comes!!He is the best.
BATTING AVG 56
BOWLING AVG 10.83

2.Chris Gayle:-Got him in the team for V Bharadwaj and he is performing great.
BATTING AVG 75.67
BOWLING AVG 28

3.Kabir Ali:-Consistent bowling performance.
BATTING AVG 14
BOWLING AVG 12.09

Players were disappointed with the 2nd round loss in the VB Cup as we were the defending champions but Lancs played great on the day and they were the biggest threat to us in the VB Cup and i knew we had 50-50 chance of winning but then we lost to a team who are good in shorter version of the game.They were the only team in the 16 which i thought could have beaten my team and in the draw they were placed against me.

Overall it has been a good season till now as excepted and we have to perform similarly till the end.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ACT leading the division 5 1d comp and coming 2nd in the 4d comp, only losing 1 game in 4d and unbeaten in 1d. I cant really complain.
some great individual performances, Maxwell averaging around 90 in 4d, Dawn nearly 100 in 1d, Ramage with a 1d bowling strike rate of 9. The team has been playing great as a whole, but i think we can do better.
The side is looking good for promotion in both forms i think. Mashonaland will be the biggest competition for 4d promotion but i should win the 1d comp in a canter now.

Simon

Rik said:
Four Day
Division 5

What more do I need to say? :D :D :D
For starters you can tell us how you are going in 1d

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
With the help of Paid the Umpire I now have ratings system to decide who take home certain awards.

Four Day Player of the Season
Past Seasons Winners:
Shaun Pollock
1. Sriram 13
1. Gregson 13
1. Kaneria 13
4. Hemanath 9
5. Howarth 8
5. Anderson 8

One Day of Player of the Season
Past Seasons Winners:
Ashley Giles
1. Anderson 13
2. Hockley 11
3. Howarth 8
3. Kaneria 8
3. Ealham 8

Player of the Season
Past Seasons Winners:
Ashley Giles
1. Kaneria 186
2. Gregson 179
3. Anderson 171
4. Howarth 136
5. Sriram 130

Rookie of the Year (Season)
Past Seasons Winners:
Jamie Lawson
1. Gregson 179
2. Howarth 136
3. Hockley 77
4. McDonald 31

Other Awards to be worked out from averages:

One Day Batsmen of Season
Past Winners:
Jayasuriya
Favourites: Anderson, Hockley, Howarth

One Day Bowler of Season
Past Winners:
Giles
Favourites: Kaneria, Gregson,

Four Day Batsmen of Season
Past Winners:
Manjrekar
Favourites: Hemanath Kumar, Sriram, Howarth

Four Day Bowler of Season
Past Winners:
Pollock
Favourites: Gregson, Kaneria

nibbs

International Captain
Considering the vast amount of Victories Surrery has picked up through out this season, I was hoping you might be able to share some thoughts on your teams progress this season, Marc :P :P :P

Agent TBY

International Captain
I've been woeful in every sense of the word since I got a team.I think I've only had 1 win in the time with Somerset and Worcestershire combined!!!!!! And the fact that it was against ND further worsens my credentials! :(

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well what can i say??

Division 1 Four Day - 1st

A good performance from the guys, We have played some very good cricket and despite winning all our games to date there is still plenty of improvement to make our best...

Standouts so far

D.Lehmann - Averaging over 80 with 500+ runs to his name this ever reliable skipper continues to stake claims for the WCC's best ever player...

R.Stratton - With 25 wickets to his name, and despite struggling in the 4d with his batting he has been one of the key players in the lineup...

B.Dennett - Also has 25 wickets to his name and has been a key since moving fom the ACT...

Division 1 One Day - 1st

A much more impressive display in the shorter version of the game.. Expectations were not that high in this version of the game but the boys have done extremely well..

Standouts so far

D.Lehmann - Again averaging over 80 and proving he is one of the greats... Ever consistent and realiable...

R.Stratton - The standout in the 1d game this season...
Averaging over 80 and also with 8 Wkts @ 22 he has finally shown the talent that was expected of him when chosen as 1st DP in season 2....

S.Bond - Again proving the 1d game is more to his liking with 16 Wkts @ 8, his wicket-taking ability has put SA where they are today...

H.Axelby - Another one of the ACT boys proving their worth.. With 11 Wkts @ 12, a good consistent performer...

The only downside to this season so far has been the 2nd Round VB Cup loss to Auckland, but the primary goal for the season was the leagues and we are on track for that...

Simon

Rik said:
Never said I was :P

(in 4D neither are you :P)
rik please, you cant win this argument

Mashonaland
4d: 1st
1d: 5th

ACT
4d: 2nd
1d: 1st

one day game: ACT won by 120+ runs
four day game: ACT won by 3 wickets

is that telling you something??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
rik please, you cant win this argument

Mashonaland
4d: 1st
1d: 5th

ACT
4d: 2nd
1d: 1st

one day game: ACT won by 120+ runs
four day game: ACT won by 3 wickets

is that telling you something??
It's telling me that I have a **** OD side which I know because when I got my team it had only 2 batsmen who averaged over 30!

I don't usually sink so low but to quote you: "Mashonaland 4d: 1st" I beg to differ :D

Sour looser :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: