• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Academy Season Launched! Nominate Your Player To Join

Coach_Pearson

First Class Debutant
Denton is ineligible mate, 34 years old and hasnt played less than 30 games in at least one form of the game. The only players from Victoria than can be sent are D Nannes, P Siddle, D Pattinson or G Rabie
Don't worry about it then, I need those other 4, despite the round 1 result.

luffy

International Captain
Titans will send C Fernando who we expect will get batting practice at No. 8 and will bowl 2nd change.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deadline is whenever Ive decided its been long enough. Maybe next mondayish.

And no a player will go for both forms and cant play WCC matches while he is gone.

Also for teams that are or are planning on sending a WK, if you do this and your other WK options are injured you will be forced to recall your player from the academy and they wont be able to be sent back or replaced.
I meant can we send a player to play only one form at the academy.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I meant can we send a player to play only one form at the academy.
Why would you want to do that? Wouldnt really get any benefit from that. I guess you could request that your player doesnt play one particular form but he is still away from your WCC squad for the whole time.

Simon

Just waiting to hear from preferences from Queensland, South Australia, South Zone India and Tasmania. Remember you arent forced to send anyone but if you do plan on skipping it please post indicating that anyway.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
K Franks - Open bowling in both forms and bat as high as possible to increase the batting avg.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I cant control if he bowls or not because of his potential OPM. I can set him as bowler 9 which should limit it.
Surely if you can increase player OPM on the request of managers, You can delate them as well for the academy.

Simon

Surely if you can increase player OPM on the request of managers, You can delate them as well for the academy.
Err what? There is a set guide lines as to how much players stats (including OPM) get improved at the academy. Cowe only has 3 OPM before the Academy so hes still very much part time, in OD he has no bowling stats so he wont bowl.
In any case it wont have a massive effect on Cowe's overall stats as he is quite experienced, given his career FC matches even if he bowlers 20 OPM at the academy (id be surprised if it ends up being anywhere near this) then his new OPM will still only be 4 or 5 at most.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Tasmania will be sending M Lampard.

To hopefully open the bowling and bat as high as he can... probably 8 or 9

Simon

Tasmania will be sending M Lampard.

To hopefully open the bowling and bat as high as he can... probably 8 or 9
Lampard is ineligible mate, 25 years old and has 58 FC and 55 OD career games.
Players from Tasmania that could be sent are:
- Z Subramanya
- B Drew
- G Allen
- S Hasan
- S Pathirana
- M Mahlombe

Remember you arent forced to send anyone, its optional.