• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Information *ALL MANAGERS PLEASE READ*

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi Guys
The off season is done with and we are about to start the proper stuff. Just want to make sure everyone understands the new set up.

* First Class Matches are simmed on Tuesday's and One Day Matches on Friday's.

* Team threads will go up on Friday's for both fixtures meaning you will have less time to get your team in for the FC game.

* Injuries will be simmed once per week (on Friday's after the OD games)

* However injury lengths listed are for matches, not weeks. So if someone gets a one week injury on Friday he will be unavailable for Tuesday's FC game but would be back for the OD match on Friday. If you are unsure see the injury list in the first post of the match thread to see if a player is available for that game or not.

* As usual tables etc... will be updated on game days.

* Player's Ages will not go up after this season. As we are having shorter seasons now players will age by one year every two seasons as to keep real players in the game longer. Added to this players likelyhood of retirement has also been halved.

* The Academy will be pretty much the same as this year, possibly a bit shorter though. With a shorter WCC season time wise its likely that the academy will revert back to 12 games in each form with one match per weekday meaning the academy will run for five weeks. This will be staged earlish in the season.

If there are any other questions let me know.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it possible that the academy is run intensively over the 20/20 2 week period? Or at least a majority of it taking up that period?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I disagree - the academy player should be removed from the squad for a portion of the regular season, in order to provide a penalty for the benefit we get from the academy.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont agree with the ageing part, IMO every season a player should age 1 year.. So what if the RL players begin to retire, its all part of the game...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I disagree - the academy player should be removed from the squad for a portion of the regular season, in order to provide a penalty for the benefit we get from the academy.
That's alright to say if you don't have 4 players injured each week.

Simon

Is it possible that the academy is run intensively over the 20/20 2 week period? Or at least a majority of it taking up that period?
No chance, as Jamee said you potentially gain a massive benefit for a small loss. Theres a good chance that the two week 20/20 block will be included in this period anyway. meaning your players would only miss 3-4 rounds.

Simon

I dont agree with the ageing part, IMO every season a player should age 1 year.. So what if the RL players begin to retire, its all part of the game...
We will be playing a season every 20 weeks, looking at the progess we have made already someone like JP Duminy would be at retirement age someone next year in real life terms. Players will still be aging about 3 years in every two.