• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season Evaluations

luffy

International Captain
So, as the title suggests, this is the Thread where you can discuss our the season went, what can be improved on, etc, etc.

Will start it off:

I went into this season rather confident about our chances about promotion in both forms of the game. Unfortunatly this didn't come true for FC and OD.

FC was our main strength throughout the year, with only losing 2 games. We fell 1 point short of gaining automatic promotion after a strong finish to the year. However, we embarrsingly lost in the play-off for promotion. We had some very strong performances throughout the year, and this was shown with A Holland and H Kuhn being chosen for the best performed team of the year. Player rankings are as followed:

- T Darden performed poorly at the start of the year, and was therefore dropped. Got traded to Warwickshire, and than the last match of the year scored 178*. 386 runs @ 48.454.

- A Holland was easily the best performed player all season scoring 1045 runs @61.47. Rarely a match went by without a standout performance by this fellow. 10.

- H Kuhn was another well performed player. Scored 828 runs @51.75 and took 34 catches and 3 stumpings behind the wickets. 9

- M Van Jaarsveldt definantly didn't live up to is potential in FC. Socred a measly 54 runs @13.5. 2

- G Gow was another one of the Titans well performed batters this year, scoring 744 runs @57.23. Was consistent and never let anyone down. 9

More to come later

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Work on OD bowling, apart from that we are gun. Though the bowling did win us some Twenty20 matches.

Pace bowlers did also struggle in FC, but were quite good away from home. If we get a 3rd seamer we might change our pitch conditions to suit them more.

Will be interesting to see how we replace Samaraweera and Fernando next season in FC. The depth they added with the bat and handy extra bowling options made a massive difference.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was reasonanbly happy with the Cobras season, First Class in a way was a bit of a let down as we didn't lose a match but still couldnt win the title. Far too many draws. The batting was gun, Smith and Hammett up top just dominated, Levi was solid in the middle order again while the tail got runs too, Porter, Fitzstanford and Philander made valuable runs. Like most teams though the bowlers struggled, just couldnt get teams out. Most of the bowlers took wickets at a price. Porter in particular was good in the games he got, but was far too expensive to persist with. Second place was what I was expecting at the start of the season and thats where we finished so not terrible.

One Dayers again I didnt expect much and we delivered about that. Mid table mediocrity. Allen, Smith and Vernon were our best bats here, Allen in particular made runs in pretty much all our wins. Had some good victories but also some shocking losses. Bowlers were terrible, with the exception of Langeveldt who took 8 @ around 28 all the bowlers averaged 40+ and it was disapointing, Zondeki and Rupasinghe in particular were shocking compared to what I was wanting from them. I think we'll produce a better showing in One Dayers in season 3.

Twenty20 was fun, making the final was far more than were deserved, got through on the strength of a couple of forfeits and were totally outclassed in the final. Allen again was gun in this competition and ended as the leading run scorer for all teams. Highlight with the ball was Smith's 4 wickets in the semi against WA.

Overall we had a season that was pretty much expected, no silverware but two second placings. Smith was immense in all forms as he claimed the WCC Player of the Year award and rightly so.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Highlight with the ball was Smith's 4 wickets in the semi against WA.
If by "highlight" you mean "third most ridiculous VC4 moment of the season". The others of course being Marcus North taking ****loads for **** all against me and the very very strange declaration allowing whatever ****ing team it was an easy victory instead of us batting the draw.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If by "highlight" you mean "third most ridiculous VC4 moment of the season". The others of course being Marcus North taking ****loads for **** all against me and the very very strange declaration allowing whatever ****ing team it was an easy victory instead of us batting the draw.
Something along those lines.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Tasmania Season Review.

After coming into the season finishing bottom on I think both Forms of the game we had nothing to lose. Recruiting well helped us out.
In FC there is no doubt we have some guns but the others didn't really help us. After winning our first 3 we lost our next 4 and then were never really in contention. Mid table was ok in this
In OD we worked as a team everyone had a go and it just got better and better and ended with a playoff. Pretty happy with this at the end of the year.

I would prefer to be sitting in Div 1 but I would also prefer both forms in the same division so here we are next season I am looking forward to trying stay in Div 1.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Warwickshire's Season Review

Well there has been more action in the small off-season so far then anything that happened in the short-time Goff had in charge.

Goff Took over with only 4 games remaining and the side although performed ok did not do anything of real note.

All the action has come off the pitch with some big name transfers, the club entering Administration and then the big buy-out in the last couple of days.

All this bodes well for the upcoming season although that will be under the new banner of West Midlands Lightning.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Plenty was expected of the Queensland side after gaining promotion to division one in both forms. We were written off at the start of the season and were expected to finish last in both divisions. We were able to finish much higher than last and that was mainly due to our batsmen. Hayden, again had a spectacular season, as did Watson & Love. Symonds was head and shoulders above the rest in one day, and Broad did particularly well also, Stark also finished strongly.

Our bowling was an avenue that really let us down. Zulch was very disappointing and thus has been released for next season. Kasprowicz was probably our most consistent FC bowler, but did bugger all in one day. We really struggled with our one day bowling, with all our bowlers struggling to take more than 9 wickets for the season. Our brightest ray of hope for next season has been the performance of Gonzalez, who will hopefully turn into a very good FC all rounder. He didn't have the greatest time at the academy, but returned and performed very well for Queensland.

For the first time in Queensland history we will be taking two keepers into the draft. Shearer was considered for demotion from the squad, but a good final game convinced the management to keep him at the club. Although his name was mentioned a few times during trading, he was never really considered.

Player of the season: M Hayden. OD 537 (469) @ 76.71 HS 212*, FC 856 @ 53.5 HS 137

FC player of the season: S Watson 951 @ 50.05 HS 143

OD player of the season: A Symonds 371 (340) @ 74.2 HS 114*, 11 @ 31.36 BB 3/47

Rookie of the season C Gonzalez FC 230 @ 32.86 HS 52, 25 @ 34.36 BB 5/86, OD 8 @ No average HS 8*, 9 @ 31.67 BB 3/29.