• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Structure

What do you prefer for Season 3?

• Option 3 - Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With season two coming to a close shortly I thought it was time to have a look at some possibilities for season three. I'm going to raise two alternatives and let the managers discuss what is preferable.

Option 1
Keep it the same as this season, we have 20 weeks for the season which includes alternating FC and OD fixtures each week, plus one week for play offs and then a couple of weeks for the all star series.
Length of Season: about 24 weeks

Option 2
We move up to two games per week and increase the competitions to home and away each form. That way you would play 14 matches in each form, I'm thinking One Day on Monday's and First Class on Thursday's. We would have a two week block in the middle of the season to stage the Twenty20 competition and then 1 week for play offs and a couple of weeks for the all star series.
Length of season: about 18 weeks

Obviously in option 2 we are getting 8 more matches in 6 less weeks, this would mean greater involvement from managers in that you would now be expected to name a side twice per week and would obviously only ave about three days to pick it.

Please vote on the poll and also add your suggestions.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
One of WCCs greatest aspects is that it's simple and you don't have to pour time into it.

That said, there always has been trouble with submissions and commitment from some managers and that will always be a problem regardless of format IMO, and I think there are enough committed managers floating around to justify two games a week.

To make things simpler, could there be one thread for both formats (and each division) so you can submit both teams at the same time?

Last edited:

luffy

International Captain
Would personally love 2 games per week, just because I hate waiting a week for one match.

Saying that though you might have increased non-submittals which could evidently be a problem.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Always the possibility of getting people to name OD and FC sides at the same time, and then doing injuries at the end of the round.

Simon

yeh would probably how it would be done, after thinking about it I'd probably put team sheets for both forms up on the Thursday so you'd have until Monday to get the one day teams in and a week for FC. injuries would also cover a game week and not one match.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Definitely like 2 games per week, but i think the overload on Simon simming the game would be quite enormous. I know he wouldn't have suggested unless he thought he was capable of it but i think its going to be tough.

Apart from that, i don't mind 2 games per week. Will be good.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2 games per week. Can't stand waiting until Wednesday each week to get the results, and I definitely think we've got committed managers to handle 2 days a week.

Simon

I think I can handle simming two games per week. It only takes about half an hour to sim a round and I can do that twice a week no problems. Just things likle player of the year points and injuries will only get updated once a week.

I actually think the reason that activity levels and some of the non submittals are caused by a lack of games. Only having one match per week is one of the reasons for people losing interest imo, so giving managers more to talk about and more games can only be a good thing.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Personally I think that people have to make this as interesting as they can. If people wonder why people arent posting then maybe they should post. I voted for the same because as soon as the game becomes a burden people leave.

Of course Im open to more games(which means less weeks)

Cant wait til tasmania have the best team in div 2 so i just might have to wait is all

Simon

If there are no more suggestions then we'll go with Option 2 as I've explained it.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
I'm really new to this but when will season 3 start and is it too late to apply for a team? Has any players been drafted yet?