• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injuries

nibbs

International Captain
I noticed on the injury list players getting put out by knee reconstructions. Now how is it, that their only out for 6 weeks, even less. Wouldn't such an injury take time to heal, in some, most cases, put players out for the season????????

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
6 weeks for a knee reconstruction, dammit i wanna see his doctor

For the information of those who do not already know i am havng a knee reconstruction after rupturing my anterior cruciate ligament about 10 weeks ago. the estimated rehab time is 5 months for social sport and 6-9 months for a full recovery, surley thats the season

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nibblet said:
I noticed on the injury list players getting put out by knee reconstructions. Now how is it, that their only out for 6 weeks, even less. Wouldn't such an injury take time to heal, in some, most cases, put players out for the season????????
The program doesn't take into consideratio severity of an injury, it just assigns a random injury and a random date of MIA. For example, a person may have a broken skull and be out for 2 weeks...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Besides that - 1 game week may not necessarily equate to 1 real life week (all 4 day games are played in 1 real-time day)

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah the injuries aren't serious, it's like Mr Mxyzptlk said it just takes a date and a injury put togeter... looking at most of the injuries you would never see your players again if it was serious and I could just see the uproar if we did make it serious and the next injury put the player out for a year :rolleyes: - However saying that in the injury programme there is actually "Out for the the rest of the season" option so it can be slightly more relistic than the 1 week.

However it's not hard for Blewy to adjust the injuries so if you fancied a few more relisitic ones or funny ones iam sure Blewy would be happy to add/swap some over.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here are some that I've added for the Cricket Web XI injury sims:-

damaged knee cap
twisted ankle
the flu
hangover
severe hangover
faked hangover
infected toe
black eye