• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Star Series Managers Announced

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The following people have been chosen to manage in this year's all star series
England/South African - Manager: Matteh - Assistant Manager: Greg
Asia/New Zealand - Manager: Tharmi - Assistan Manager: Raghav
Australia - Manager: Dan - Assistant Manager: Kyle

It will now be up to the manager to contact the assistant manager to discuss their plans for the series etc... As mentioned earlier there will be matches every couple of days and it will require that a new side be posted each time. It will be up to you guys to sort out who posts when etc... I don't mind if one person always posts the team or whatever, as long as there is a team named each game.

What is required now is that you get together and decided on your squad, you are required to work together to pick a 17 man squad and it must include two wicketkeepers. Please note that there will be injuries up to and during the all star series, but they are expected to me minimal. You have one week to get your squad in, this will give me more time to make the neccesary files and we won't have delays at the end of the season. That means your 17 man squad is to be named by the 14th August.

If any players in your squad suffer season ending injuries in this time they can be replaced in the squad.

When picking your squads please take notice of any ground conditions you may come across, any WCC club's venue may be used during the campaign and you will find out where each match is when the fixtures are announced.

If there are any questions let me know.

Simon

Also should mention that in unlike previous years of this there will be no restrictions on who you have to pick, e.g if you are managing the Australian side and decide that no Queenslanders are good enough to make your squad then you are not forced to pick any.

Simon

Oh another thing also, player stats will be the ones that were used for WCC this season and the 17 players you pick have to cover both forms of the game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Asian plus Roberts to dominate. Bond might get a chance as the token Kiwi. Will have a look at the four squads over the weekend and get back to Raghav. Your gmail account ok for this Raghav?

Simon

Am considering adding a fourth team to the All star series, one made up of Academy players from this season who performed well. This way means everyone will get a game every match day and an extra couple of matches. Thoughts?

Will also give everyone a chance to see how potential players for next season are going to do against the elite of WCC.

Simon

Reminder to managers that I'd like squads named by this Thursday thanks.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ENG/SA

R Levi
J Kallis
M Ramprakash
JP Duminy
G Hick
K Pietersen
G Smith
L Kumar
I Jeffrey
V Philander
P Joubert
S Mushtaq
Y Arafat
D Steyn
I Tahir
J Kirtley
M Morkel

Geg to confirm..

Smith > Holland imo.

Simon

Academy Select
1 H Midlane (Kansas) - Batsman (Captain)
2 B Allen (Montana) - Batsman (Vice-Captain)
3 A Graham (Arizona) - Fast Bowler
4 D Cook (Ohio) - Spin Bowler
5 D Quayle (Texas) - Batsman
6 F Rickman (Florida) - Batsman
7 G Allen (Arizona) - Medium Bowler
8 G Belle (Kansas) - All Rounder Spin Bowler
9 G Carter (Florida) - Batsman
10 G Gow (Iowa) - Batsman
11 H Jenkins (Montana) - Fast Bowler
12 I Schenscher (Utah) - Batsman
13 K Stoddart (Idaho) - Wicketkeeper/Batsman
14 L Bond (Kansas) - Wicketkeeper/Batsman