• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Trading and the Draft Will Work

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Most of us have been WCC managers in the past so know the basic deal with how it all works, however it's going to be a little different this time around. I've decided I'd like to give managers the opportunity to keep any of the players they like and won't necciasrily be forced to drop players they'd like to keep. Anyway this is how it will work

Draft
There will only be four draft rounds this year, the draft will be conducted by email as per usual and there will be likely three days between each round, meaning it will run for around a week and a half. This season you will be allowed to trade your draft picks but I'll discuss how that will work in the trading section.

The draft order will depend on where you finish in each form of the game, for example; if you finish 6th in division 1 First Class (6th overall) and 3rd in Division 2 One Day (11th overall) you will score 17 points as your total. The team with the highest ammount of points will pick first in each round as they will be the poorest performed side overall this season. The team with the lowest total score will pick last as they will be presumed to be the best team overall.

Trading
As per previous seasons all trades must be equal, for example if you want to trade two players to team you must give them two players, one player and one draft pick or two of your draft pick. As I have mentioned draft picks will be tradeable this year, it is totally up to you to decide how you would like to do this, by the end of trading you may have chosen to trade all your draft picks and have 21 players in the squad and no draft picks or alternatively it would be possible to trade all your players have have 21 draft picks across the four draft rounds.

As CEO, i'll be keeping a close eye on all the trades and have power to cancel a trade if I deem it unfair on a particular team. I expect all experienced managers will avoid picking on those that haven't been around very long.(As Cloete no longer plays I don't see this as a problem).

Trading will begin at the end of First Class Round 10 is finished and will run for around three weeks. This means it will start on Wednesday 20th August, you may negotiate deals before this time however no deal will be accepted and be made valid until it is posted in the appropriate thread on or after that date.

Dumping Players for Draft
As I mentioned I''d like to give people the chance to keep the players they want, that's why I'm allowing draft picks to be traded, however when trading is finished any draft picks you have must be used. For example if you have 18 players and three draft picks you wont be allowed to retain 16 current players and 1 draft pick. Squads for season two will remain at 17. If you trade all your draft picks and have 21 players before the draft process you will then be required to dump four players and you then obviously wont be involved in the draft and so on.

I think this covers anything, if there are any questions let me know.

Simon

Just giving everyone a heads up, this is how the trading/draft format will run again.
The start of trading will again be after round 10 First Class which is on Wednesday 11th March.

Any questions let me know.

99*

International Debutant
Dumping Players for Draft
As I mentioned I''d like to give people the chance to keep the players they want, that's why I'm allowing draft picks to be traded, however when trading is finished any draft picks you have must be used. For example if you have 18 players and three draft picks you wont be allowed to retain 16 current players and 1 draft pick. Squads for season two will remain at 17. If you trade all your draft picks and have 21 players before the draft process you will then be required to dump four players and you then obviously wont be involved in the draft and so on.

I think this covers anything, if there are any questions let me know.
So teams release players before the draft, so that once the draft is over they will have a 17 man squad?

And what happens to those players? Are they put into the draft?

Simon

So teams release players before the draft, so that once the draft is over they will have a 17 man squad?

And what happens to those players? Are they put into the draft?
Yes, the players released from the squads go into the draft with all of this years academy players, a small number of new rookies and some real life players that play for existing WCC teams that are not in WCC.
If these players are not picked up in the draft they will go to the academy next year.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just to clarify with regard to the draft. We have the option of only releasing say two players and having only two draft picks. Or do we have to release four players. Also if we do release two players which rounds do we miss. The 1st and 2nd, or 3rd and 4th.

Simon

you have to use any draft picks you have. In your case you havent done any trading so you have 17 + 4 draft picks. You will have to dump 4 and have 4 picks. However you could trade your 4 draft picks for 4 players and then drop the 4 players you have traded in and keep your original 17.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Can I trade with myself and trade my draft picks out. :ph34r: I only want to release two players. I thought we had the option of not taking part in the draft of we wanted to keep our current players. So we have to drop four players, unless we trade our draft picks to someone else.

Simon

yes thats right, if you only want to dump two players Id suggest trading two of your draft picks for players.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Can I trade with myself and trade my draft picks out. :ph34r: I only want to release two players. I thought we had the option of not taking part in the draft of we wanted to keep our current players. So we have to drop four players, unless we trade our draft picks to someone else.
Ill take your 1st and 2nd picks off you ;)

luffy

International Captain
So, i'm still slightly confused...

I have 17 players atm, and want to get rid of 4 players. As in mentioned in the Trade Discussion Thread. If I trade those 4 players for others, that would basically mean if I don't dump any players, I won't partake in the draft?

Simon

no that would mean you still have 17 players and 4 draft picks. It's pretty simple, whatever draft picks you have (wheather they are yours or another teams you have traded in) they have to be used.

I'll use my team as an example, as trading currently stands I have 15 players for next season + my 4 draft picks + Kents 2nd pick + Victorias 1st pick. This means I can only keep 11 of those 15 players as all draft picks you have must be used in the draft.

On the other hand Victoria currently have 18 for next season + 3 draft picks, meaning they would have to keep 14 of those 18 players and only take part in 3 draft rounds.

Not sure how I can make this any simpler.

luffy

International Captain
Ok, think i've got it...

So, everyone will have an automatic 4 draft picks, plus what they have traded?

Simon

Yeh maybe Tas although they do have some guns. Before trading I'd have said Warwicks.