• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 1 All Star Series

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This off season will see the return of the WCC All Star Series. I'm looking for people who want to manage in this series. There will be three teams made up of:

Australia (NSW, Tas, SA, WA, Qld and Victoria)
SA/England (Cobras. Titans, Warwicks, Kent, Yorks)
Asia/NZ (Kandurata, NZI, SZI, Karachi, Auckland)

At this stage I'd prefer managers from corresponding nations to apply for that position only, e.g as manager of Cobras I could only show interest in managing the SA/England team. Depending on interest this rule may be changed at a later time.

How it will work is that each team will play each other in three OD and three FC games and then a final in each format will also be played. Managers will be asked to pick a squad of 17 players to cover both forms of the game from the players they have available. I ask that only people committed to this apply for a position as it's likely you will have to post a team every two-three days during the tournament.

I may also consider having joint managers for teams if managers would like to see that also. Please leave your interest here and I'll make a decision on the managers in the near future.

Simon

Looking for a bit more interest in this, particular for someone from the RSA/Eng lot.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking for a bit more interest in this, particular for someone from the RSA/Eng lot.
If there's a lot of interest in the Aussie positions, I'd happily give the Eng/NZ a crack, but obviously would prefer to do the Aussie stuff.

Simon

If there's a lot of interest in the Aussie positions, I'd happily give the Eng/NZ a crack, but obviously would prefer to do the Aussie stuff.
We'll see how we go, want to give everyone a chance to put their name forward and go from there.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wouldn't mind managing England/SA, but only if there's no one else to do it. As in, I've been managing a WCC team for a while now and I'd be happy if someone newer wants to have a crack. Give them the opportunity etc.

Simon

I'll be deciding on managers tomorrow so if anyone else is keen, better get in quick smart