• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Send A Player to the WCC Academy

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Soon to be launched will be the WCC Academy which will consist of existing players and former WCC rookies. Each manager now has the option to send a player to the academy to increase or possibly decrease their stats.

How it will work
* Each team picks one player (player must have played less than 40 career matches in at least one form of the game) to join the academy.
* Players sent by WCC managers will be guaranteed to play every match
* These players will be given stat increases at the academy to increase their chances of improving.
* These players will be unavailable for your team for six weeks (three rounds of each form)
* Stat changes wont kick in until next season
* Teams may choose not to send a player
* The players will play in matches against the rookies not chosen by managers at the start of the season, these players will form the basis of the draft in the off season, so their performances are important too.

If there are any questions let me know.

Players Being Sent
Code:
Team		Player		Orders
Auckland	A McKay
Cobras		D Telo		Bat at Number 4
Kandurata	V Chaminda	Open bowling in both forms
Karachi		F Patel		
Kent
NSW		E Cowan
NZI		V Kohli		Open batting in both forms
Queensland	R Broad		Open batting in both forms
SA		M Doshi		Bat 3 in OD and bat 4 in FC
SZI		V Kumar		Open bowling in both forms
Tasmania
Titans		P Harris
Victoria	A Croswaite
Warwickshire
WA
Yorkshire	A Rashid	Play as an All Rounder

Last edited:

Simon

Managers can state in this thread if and who they are sending, these players will remain at your club until the academy is ready to launch (which should be in the next three weeks)

Simon

Cobras will be sending batsman D Telo, would like him to bat at #4

Last edited:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
I have a couple questions with regard to this. I'm interested in sending Chipli to this, but I just want to know whether we have any control over Bowling Orders. His got really low OPM and I'm working on them this season to get it up for next year. So if he went I would want to make sure he gets a bowl. If he doesn't get a bowl it would defeat what I'm doing with him in my team.

Also he is injuried now, so would those six matches he is out for include these two games his injuried now or on top of those injuries. Rather not release him if he is out for four OD matches.

Simon

I have a couple questions with regard to this. I'm interested in sending Chipli to this, but I just want to know whether we have any control over Bowling Orders. His got really low OPM and I'm working on them this season to get it up for next year. So if he went I would want to make sure he gets a bowl. If he doesn't get a bowl it would defeat what I'm doing with him in my team.

Also he is injuried now, so would those six matches he is out for include these two games his injuried now or on top of those injuries. Rather not release him if he is out for four OD matches.
Any player that is injured will not be able to play at the academy until they are fit.

If managers want their player to bat in a certain position or bowl at a certain number I will allow it to happen, just indicate that when picking your player here.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
When do we need to decide, really want to send a batsmen. But I'm not sure if I can cope with any of them missing matches. Might send Chaminda jnr or Suraj.

Simon

When do we need to decide, really want to send a batsmen. But I'm not sure if I can cope with any of them missing matches. Might send Chaminda jnr or Suraj.
Ideally within a week, players who go will be unavailable for between 4-6 weeks and will play a yet to be determined ammount of games (will be something around 10-16 in each form).

oz_fan

International Regular
North Zone India will send V Kohli. I'd like him to open the batting in both forms please.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ideally within a week, players who go will be unavailable for between 4-6 weeks and will play a yet to be determined ammount of games (will be something around 10-16 in each form).
Checks who we play between weeks 4-6...