• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wccc: The Beginning Or The End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I havent broken the any rules in bringing this topic whatsoever, but if i have , then instead of pm'in me , challenge me in this topic itself... i dont not intend to break any rules and my intentions are true and clear from my view , any support will be greatfully accepte. PLEASE Read this as it affects us on a whole

I have been in Wccc for a long time now , maybe just joined 2 months or 3/4.. of when it started of , ive seen how it was when it started of , everything running fast well and smooth , and ive seen how it went on as it grew...

But things in Wccc dont seem to going well lately , which sometimes reminds me , is the downfall of wccc near ? which i would never want to see.. some of you might be saying , man this dudes whack hes outta it , but theres no joke here my friends, when i see something bad happenin sometimes im mostly right unless it gets fixed up.

There have been some great decisions in wccc , bringing up 4day etc.. but recently some heavy wrong decisions have outweighed the good ones.. Now im not here to challenge any authority , but if my views do , please forgive me , but please do take it seriously as i and many other might be thinking the same way.

Points ...

The Betting , the betting was going really well , it provided some nice entertainment and extra spice to some funny rivalries.. last year the same $2 was there on draws and ppl got knocked out round 4, round 5 , they brought up the loan cries and some money funds for them into attention .. But NO-ONE listened to them , and they just waited, a bit unhappy cause they couldnt continue on betting... this year 3/4 key ppl got knocked out of round 3 and when according to the past , knocked out ppl stayed out , a rule was over written bringing up $10 ,000 cash as loan per person ! For some that might be enough to win the game , some big bets... But this showed the unfairness when ppl asked for loan last year why wasnt it given ??! And if u didnt want to give last year , dont give it this year either , but let betting continue for the fun of it the fair way..? I dont seen fairness been shown here..

The 4day Points System , the 4day points system is pretty messed up , sure there will be flaws after sometime, sure i didnt do any part in thinking up the system , but atleast after using it for 2 seasons someone should realize that its messed up bad, ofcourse ppl do realize , but then who listens ?
if u score 150 odd in 1st inning and come back by 500 runs in 2nd innings and win the game, u dont get points for that 500 , henceforth u lose a lot of points because u lost 1st innings points , thats unfair since coming back so well and winning deserves more ,

The Board, this is where the major confusion arises , and where conflicts can start from , i think to be a fair and an equal to everyone Wccc , the composition of the board should be 4 ppl elected by the ppl of wccc at the start of every season , ( the chairman g.b holds his place , and his v.c - rich hold their position , Also g.b should have rights to see who holds v.c ) the rest 4 should be voted by the ppl of wcc every new season ,so that way no one has a clash with no one , and the voices of the ppl are heard easier...
Also most times , decisions are made without awareness of anyone , it just comes and just gets implemented, how are we to know whats really happening in the meetings , you could say sure its not your business , but i thought whats happening in wccc was everyones business ? since when did it become a secret society?

Equal Rights, I think when ideas are brought it , it shouldnt be taken up to the board and voted by 5 ppl or 6 ( it should be 6 ) , since when did 6 ppl become overall powerful than 24 ppl , so that not proper right ? ( even though you might argue , that the people brought them into power , if the ppl brought into power dont use it well , let the ppl decide the decisions still to show fairness ) equalness isint being shown, and if someone says something against it , no one really takes a thought to see what he wrote, it maybe something true , I think from now on for every decision made everyone has to vote , and 15 ppl out of 24 ordinary have to vote + the vote of 2 board members to get decisions passed as decisions or rules ...etc

And lastly , the Wccc is getting pretty cramped up , i seem to be in div 2 for 4 day and div 3 for od and there are about 5 posts saying div 1 div 2 div 3 , if i make a mistake , i lose the game automatically or get 1 warning , thats pretty harsh i reckon ... you might say its just trying to be all neat etc , but its just making a bit of a mess overall , needs to be looked into , resizing of wcc , eg just have 2 or 3 divs instead of 4 or 5 , or combine 2 teams together 1 new and 1 old.. reduces number of overall teams ..
Also the season seems to be LONG , we should scrap things like all star etc , just to get things going fast , and a lot more things that arent needed needs to be cut down..

Please give your honest opinion and im ready for to challenge anything brought up ..!

Provide your support again and give a thought to what i said , and agree or disagree to the points i made and say what you feel freely thats been in your mind gathering for a period of time , cover anything else ud like to bring up that should be looked into , so we can start sorting things for the Better.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
i do agree with his selma killing policy but not with his bart killing policy

Lord this is the start of better things to come.

Sure i agree with most of this but things change people move on.

Betting, 4day points agree but you try and get away with this by having a fast pitch
power and the board thats not really for me to say but i would like a say in things (i would like to help out but the computer im on is possibly the worst in history)
and the 5 div simmers that is for blewy cause he needs some help otherwise it is too much work for him... but it is a bit confusing.

However it is good now a four day team and a one day team that you have to do the best for the both of them. it gets the managers more into the game.
I have had my say in other posts so i dont wanna get into it but
ROCK ON

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
By saying the end , i by no intentions mean wcc is gettting anywhere close to closing down , LOL far from that , it was just written to catch attention :D

marketting strategy

Ill do anything it takes anyway to make sure wccc doesnt end either after the years i been playin it and thoroughly enjoying Most aspects of the game

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's posts like these that are more likely to bring on the end of WCCC.

On a few points - points have to be done on first Innings since there's no guarantee both sides get a second innings. All major Cricket leagues run it like that, so why should we be different?

Betting has been gone into at length, and bringing it up again is just stirring it for no real need.

GB needs people on the Board that he can trust to help out - hence he selects them. Every group needs some form of leadership, or anarchy would rule. As such, discussions do need to take place behind closed doors.

As for your equal rights bit, I don't understand what you're getting at. Do you really expect the rules to be changed just like that?

Structure. It's only just come in, and you want to change it after 3 games? Combining teams means dumping managers which is hardly fair, and you say it's too long. Anything else and you don't get a chance to build a team properly. As for scrapping All Star - this keeps being mentioned, and it would mean dead time.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
lord_of_darkness said:

The Betting , the betting was going really well , it provided some nice entertainment and extra spice to some funny rivalries.. last year the same $2 was there on draws and ppl got knocked out round 4, round 5 , they brought up the loan cries and some money funds for them into attention .. But NO-ONE listened to them , and they just waited, a bit unhappy cause they couldnt continue on betting... this year 3/4 key ppl got knocked out of round 3 and when according to the past , knocked out ppl stayed out , a rule was over written bringing up $10 ,000 cash as loan per person ! For some that might be enough to win the game , some big bets... But this showed the unfairness when ppl asked for loan last year why wasnt it given ??! And if u didnt want to give last year , dont give it this year either , but let betting continue for the fun of it the fair way..? I dont seen fairness been shown here..
I think last season only David got knocked out early and he never asked for any loan to be given.All others got knocked out(i am also included in it) around the 5th last round.So there was no question of loan.

I agree with the $2 draw odds which was given and was continued this season and all should lose money for a draw game.

I am still telling let the betting continue with those knocked out be out for this season but the loan point should be clear that only DAVID GOT OUT EARLY LAST SEASON AND ALL OTHERS GOT OUT DURING THE FAG END OF THE SEASON.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
lord_of_darkness said:

The 4day Points System , the 4day points system is pretty messed up , sure there will be flaws after sometime, sure i didnt do any part in thinking up the system , but atleast after using it for 2 seasons someone should realize that its messed up bad, ofcourse ppl do realize , but then who listens ?
if u score 150 odd in 1st inning and come back by 500 runs in 2nd innings and win the game, u dont get points for that 500 , henceforth u lose a lot of points because u lost 1st innings points , thats unfair since coming back so well and winning deserves more ,
I think the system is fair enough and similar to the English county point system.There also no points are awarded for the 2nd innings.I also lost quite a few points last season as my team made runs in the 2nd innings but i won so no problems.

The Board, this is where the major confusion arises , and where conflicts can start from , i think to be a fair and an equal to everyone Wccc , the composition of the board should be 4 ppl elected by the ppl of wccc at the start of every season , ( the chairman g.b holds his place , and his v.c - rich hold their position , Also g.b should have rights to see who holds v.c ) the rest 4 should be voted by the ppl of wcc every new season ,so that way no one has a clash with no one , and the voices of the ppl are heard easier...
Also most times , decisions are made without awareness of anyone , it just comes and just gets implemented, how are we to know whats really happening in the meetings , you could say sure its not your business , but i thought whats happening in wccc was everyones business ? since when did it become a secret society?
I agree with this that there should be voting done to select the board members.

And lastly , the Wccc is getting pretty cramped up , i seem to be in div 2 for 4 day and div 3 for od and there are about 5 posts saying div 1 div 2 div 3 , if i make a mistake , i lose the game automatically or get 1 warning , thats pretty harsh i reckon ... you might say its just trying to be all neat etc , but its just making a bit of a mess overall , needs to be looked into , resizing of wcc , eg just have 2 or 3 divs instead of 4 or 5 , or combine 2 teams together 1 new and 1 old.. reduces number of overall teams ..
Also the season seems to be LONG , we should scrap things like all star etc , just to get things going fast , and a lot more things that arent needed needs to be cut down..
I dont think that anything is wrong with the divisions or the length of the season.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Guys (and Eyes!):
Lets be grateful for what we've got here. Nothing in life is ever perfect and often you don't realise how lucky you are to have something until you lose it! Let's hope that GB never gets to the stage where he wants to pack it all in because he gets more criticism than thanks. Let things lie and let's all enjoy the season.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the reason wcc has been so successful is because it has become a routine. Everyone knows you put your team in by thursday, games would be simmed friday, results out saturday or sunday morning by the latest.
That isnt happening like that this season, and people are reacting too heavily to it. we are only 3 weeks in we have changed the system a bit, it has been changed for the better, you may not see it now, but come the end of the season you will.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i love this pbm and have for the last 2 seasons, but up until this season i have been getting the absolute ****s bigtime and all i can asay is that the more this goes on the less i want to be involved and after all gb has done all you guys do to say thnaks is complian.

i think some ppl in here should be grateful that they are involved.

anyway thats my 2cents worth. as for the board members, its gb's baby why can he not pick who he wants to help him.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Betting[b/]

This is a touchy issue at the moment...
IThe original plans were for the betting to be a competition with the winner getting a prize but they were canned for the fear of it being to competitive.. I will not say that im not dissapointed that the betting is no longer a part of the game but it will cause less hassles...
Unfortunatley for Aditya, who put alot of time into it, things got out of hand and in the end i had no option but to stop it....

The 4day Points System

This in my opinion has come way out of left field...
Last season this option was the most popular system with all members and is pretty much the same as the English system with only a few varients..
This system cannot be flawed at the moment, with last seasons 4 day winners all deserving, Cricket is a game where the team who performs best over the whole game deserves to win, now we can't go flawing a system because a team only performs good in 1 innings of a game....

The Board
This issue is the most annoying of all, basically it is saying that i don't have a clue in selecting the people who should help run the game that i made...
This may sound a bit arrogant but as far as im concerned if i don't know whats best for WCC then who does...
Also i have made it known that any slurs or abuse towards board members will not be treated lightly, these people are being rewarded for helping when it is needed, they are the ones who constantly put their hands up to help and deserve the position they hold....

This comment is totally outrageous... Lord you should know better than anyone that all meetings of the board that a detailed report is given to all members as to what went on... we also as for peoples opinions and ideas to be put forward but you know how many we got???
THATS RIGHT .... 0 ... but when we make a decision we get critisised because we don't consult anyone... how can we win???

Equal Rights, I think when ideas are brought it , it shouldnt be taken up to the board and voted by 5 ppl or 6 ( it should be 6 ) , since when did 6 ppl become overall powerful than 24 ppl , so that not proper right ? ( even though you might argue , that the people brought them into power , if the ppl brought into power dont use it well , let the ppl decide the decisions still to show fairness ) equalness isint being shown, and if someone says something against it , no one really takes a thought to see what he wrote, it maybe something true , I think from now on for every decision made everyone has to vote , and 15 ppl out of 24 ordinary have to vote + the vote of 2 board members to get decisions passed as decisions or rules ...etc

Yet another comment which basically says that i have no idea what is right for the WCC... All i can say to this is that Majorities aren't always right... Its the people who care about something that know whats best.... Enough said...

The post issue has been explained 100 times before...
The simple reasoning is not because we want to make it hard or neater, but easier on the people simming the games, instead of searching through a thread of 30-40 posts they only have to look through 6-7 posts...
The Season length is another one which was requested by many people, everyone wanted to play against each other twice, and the 5 divisions made it alot easier to set out the divisions for the increase in teams....
The All Star issue is not really a problem, if the all star series does not go ahead it will not get the new seasons started as this is something to keep the game running whilst all the averages are updated and draft lists compiled so its either the AS series or nothing....

Delay of games this season

There were always going to be issues with the new setup of simming games, but at this stage it has been the delay from my work commitments with my new job which has slowed things up... All i ask is that people be patient, games will get out by the end of the weekend...

Grahams Comment
Guys (and Eyes!):
Lets be grateful for what we've got here. Nothing in life is ever perfect and often you don't realise how lucky you are to have something until you lose it! Let's hope that GB never gets to the stage where he wants to pack it all in because he gets more criticism than thanks. Let things lie and let's all enjoy the season.

I will say this, if it had not been for Bugs and Rich the WCC probably would have disintergrated this week....
But they have talked me into sticking with it, cause they believe that it will blow over...
What annoys me the most is that there seems to be no appreciation from a majority of people lately.. Now i don't do this for the accolades but i do it for fun and lately that has gone...
There are many Sims out there but as for value for money i would have to honestly say that this is amongst the top, because to get something as complete as this you would have to pay...
Now im proud of what we have here, we have built this to what it is..
Everyone, not me, not the board, but the lot of us...
Now all of a sudden people think they deserve more, well if thats the attitude that you all want to take then fine, but don't expect me to stay here and take it...
I have many other things i can do rather than sim games or everytime i log onto cricketweb deal with a complaint or an argument...
So think about whats been going on, a few people have been warned already and they seem to have got the message but just think to yourself is all this b1tching worth it???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh if anyone wants to disagree with me then make sure you have the arguments to back you convictions otherwise don't bother......

nibbs

International Captain
As far as I can see WCC (or is it WCCC, I'm really confused with this one) has a great future. This season so far through 3 weeks only one side has failed to submit on time. Is this because we are at the start of a new season, or is it because interest is growing? I don't know. As long as this continues, I can only see WCC growing, and getting better. That is of coarse if all the complaining and general bull**** comes to end, which I'm sure it will...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Thanks for your reply G.B,

i am in no way questioning or authority or mean to at all , its just that i wanted to know and am sure there are other ppl that might be interested to know the answers as well,

As for the appreciation to wcc part, i think sometimes i over appreciate wccc, by far the Best SIm ive been in , and i plan to be in it forever, i think i or anyone woudnt be in this sim if it wasnt run so well ,

To make it clear no ones complaining , i would be the last one to go about doing that as i see what a hard job it must be being ceo or assistant ceo trying to control EVERY tiny aspect of the game

As for the board it is going great, but wouldnt it be better involving everyone in the game to choose people ? dont you think it will add some reality to it and some more fun to the whole sim thing ?

This comment is totally outrageous... Lord you should know better than anyone that all meetings of the board that a detailed report is given to all members as to what went on... we also as for peoples opinions and ideas to be put forward but you know how many we got???

I think if it it peoples ideas and opinions are wanted , people should be spreading the news about the post so everyone checks it out , i think if someone posts just once in it , its easy to miss it in wccc where new posts are being made etc

Yet another comment which basically says that i have no idea what is right for the WCC... All i can say to this is that Majorities aren't always right... Its the people who care about something that know whats best....
Not questioning your authority again , but if i was in a post like that i would be under pressure too , and i would make a lot of mistakes , so how might you know that maybe your making a mistake ? But how can majorities not be right ? as it is view of the people on the whole , what other way can be there to involve everyone ? I care a lot about WCCC i care very much , but everyone has a different opinion on whats best for wccc

Structure. It's only just come in, and you want to change it after 3 games?
Marc where in my post did i ever quote that every suggestion i made, needs a radical change tomorrow ? i think you didnt understand properly , i just wrote that so people have a think and look into it and everyone clearly knows that any decision made on a whole can be done when its at the end of the season when decisions can be made smoothly

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I tend to agree with Marc on this.
people should just forget about stuff like this and stop posting stuff. it'll blow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.