• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well guys I think the time has come to call stumps on this great game. I just recently changed positions at work and don't have the time to run this game as well as I like. I actually probably never had the time to run it the way I really wanted for a long time, which I'm sure most of you guys have noticed. I do apologise the poor way I have run it recently, but unfortunately time constraints have limited my ability to run the game the way it should be run.

There is the option for someone else to take it over. But TBH I don't think anyone is capable of running it the way Simon and Blewy ran the game. It will really take that type of commitment to get the game back to close to its past glory. But in reality even when those two were putting in the extra time required, the activity was continually dropping off. If it was to continue most likely it will just go through the motions. Personally I rather see it not die a sad and pathetic death. The last couple of attempts have probably tarnished its image enough. But if someone does want to take it over and feel that they are sure they can get it back near its glory days. Then I am more than happy give them all the WCC files, which I have from day one.

Unless there are some major objections then I will just ask James to put the game in achieves where the past WCs and Ashes are. I think it deserves a place their as it has been an institution to Cricket Web and brought many members here.

Sorry about this guys but I think this is best thing for legacy of the game.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
that is ashame......i would love to take it over and get it going if this was an option.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
ok how i would run it would be every weekend games would be run, i work every second saturday and and every sunday off so i can even do cricket web stuff at work on a saturday as it is never that busy on a weekend at work.....

i have been with wcc since the beginning and would hate to see it die off a slow death hense i would giv eit my 100% commitment not like other things considering i have helped blewy and si run it in the pass i would love to be given the opportunity to take it over and get it back to how it used to be.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If you can take over directly from where Tharmi left it, and do it consistently, then go for it.

Thanks for at least doing it at all, Tharmi. I don't want this to die out.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i will continue from where tharmi left off no probs and will do it run games every weekend!

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
i will continue from where tharmi left off no probs and will do it run games every weekend!
Sounds good.

Well can we have new tournament again. Lost with my previous team progress.....

Start new please

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bugs you do realise there is a lot more to running the game, then just simming matches. Are you sure you really have the time to put into the other aspects of game. Which basically require you to do stuff for WCC every odd day. It is the things like updating stats, tables, the website, rosters in the off season and other little things you might want to add to the game to increase activity. You got a wife and a kids, a full time job and your meant to be running another sim on CW, Webbers FC

Also I remember when you were simming matches before and you yourself said that you lost interest due to lack of submissions. There going to be plenty rounds you sim where you might not get even half the teams submitting sides. Especially with the current activity levels. Most likey activity levels aren't going to high. Will you still have the motivation, when only a handful managers post sides and comment on results.

If you really want to take the game over and reckon you have the time to do the little things that keep the interest level up then fair enough. But I just rather not see the game in the same situation in a couple months time. When you might realise you don't have the time required to do everything to keep the game going.

There is a lot more to running the game then just a couple hours of simming matches. Fair enough you don't want to see the game finish, I don't either. But honesty do you have the time to run the game properly.

I'm not trying to be harsh, as I'm sure you can run the game well. But I just want to know if you have thought about what it actually would take to run the game. Or is this just a knee jerk reaction to the potential the game might finish up.

Last edited:

Raghav

Bugs you do realise there is a lot more to running the game, then just simming matches. Are you sure you really have the time to put into the other aspects of game. Which basically require you to do stuff for WCC every odd day. It is the things like updating stats, tables, the website, rosters in the off season and other little things you might want to add to the game to increase activity. You got a wife and a kids, a full time job and your meant to be running another sim on CW, Webbers FC

Also I remember when you were simming matches before and you yourself said that you lost interest due to lack of submissions. There going to be plenty rounds you sim where you might not get even half the teams submitting sides. Especially with the current activity levels. Most likey activity levels aren't going to high. Will you still have the motivation, when only a handful managers post sides and comment on results.

If you really want to take the game over and reckon you have the time to do the little things that keep the interest level up then fair enough. But I just rather not see the game in the same situation in a couple months time. When you might realise you don't have the time required to do everything to keep the game going.

There is a lot more to running the game then just a couple hours of simming matches. Fair enough you don't want to see the game finish, I don't either. But honesty do you have the time to run the game properly.

I'm not trying to be harsh, as I'm sure you can run the game well. But I just want to know if you have thought about what it actually would take to run the game. Or is this just a knee jerk reaction to the potential the game might finish up.
Very good Post. Its now up to Bugs to react

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Bugs i am sorry but i am stepping down as well, as there is more to this than just simming games and i don't have the motivation that Gegy used to be when i first joined.

NZTailender

Look, I would love to see this continue in one form or another. It's a great concept thats unfortunately been run shoddily by everyone post-Simon (myself included).

I think maybe a break needs to be had, just a small one, before a restructure and relaunch.

I may put my hand up as well.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

i am quiet up for running and doing everything taht is needed to keep it running with the help of greg to do little things. the database yes is time consuming and takes alot of effort but i am happy to do what i need. the simming of matches i can do at work on saturdays each week....

i am for what ever is best for cw and if that is not me running it then so be it.

i leave it up to the powers.

Would we need to re start ? to get alot of managers interested ?

or should it die a sudden death and be forgotten about for a while. ?

alot of questiosn need be answered. do i or dont i.......

a few of us need to nut out what is best and the best option.

The Baconator

Hmm, was just coming in here to make a farewell-ish post, having noticed the thread.

Good luck to bugs and whoever else decides to carry on, I hope you can get the game back to where it should be.

NZTailender

It's kind of a dig, but a light hearted one. Like I said, I've not got the best track record for running things but the fact is, you've started up Webbers FC and promised to update it often but there hasn't been anything new for weeks, so I'm a little skeptical as to this being any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.