• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
First of all we have taken breaks before and it has done nothing to increase activity. There is the option of starting fresh with new teams, but for long term manager who are only who have been really activity in the last couple attempts it would take a lot away from what the game means to them, myself included.

The big thing for me whatever happens is whether there truelly is enough activity to warrant the game to continue. Regardless of how poorly the game has been run in the past. Even when Simon and Blewy were running the game the activity has continued to drop off. I honesty don't think there is enough activity to warrant it contining. That is the big issue for me, not who runs it or what format it is run in.

I know I can't think CW, without WCC and it has been a big part of my time here at CW. But game reached some great heights, that will probably never reach again, regardless of who run it. I rather see it finish off at decent standard then potentially one where we only have 3-4 managers left that are interested.

I don't want to see the game die, but I don't want to see the game in potential state it might end up in. If we try and bring it back too many times.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If it comes back, I think it should be done in the upmost professional and dedicated fashion.

I think part of the problem is so many people initially register interest, so we keep the number of teams at a large size. Then, only the committed managers put their teams in. IMO it'd be viable to have a small 6 team comp with a not-so-serious second XI system for fringe managers.

I would like to have another shot at running it, but only if I were to have some solid support. I would, however, run it much differently to now.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If it comes back, I think it should be done in the upmost professional and dedicated fashion.

I think part of the problem is so many people initially register interest, so we keep the number of teams at a large size. Then, only the committed managers put their teams in. IMO it'd be viable to have a small 6 team comp with a not-so-serious second XI system for fringe managers.

I would like to have another shot at running it, but only if I were to have some solid support. I would, however, run it much differently to now.
What support would you need?

NZTailender

Website, player statistics updating, posting of team sheet threads, fixture organising, 2nd XI comp simming...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Website, player statistics updating, posting of team sheet threads, fixture organising, 2nd XI comp simming...
So what would you do sim 1st XI matches and nothing else. :p

With regard to 2nd XI comp, many managers have commented in the past they don't realy feel an ownership to the side they manage. Some feel all they do is post sides and have no say in the way the team in run. Also the success of that aspect is very much related to how much involvement a 1st XI manager gives to the other manager.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fair point. Would actually like to see a return of the academy sides.
Problem with academy sides is that unless there is a decent amount managers. It can feel like your just playing with yourself and no else. Need to find something in the middle IMO.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
as i have stated i am very happy to help or run and do what ever i need to do to get it on the way to potentially how it was some seasons ago.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
as i have stated i am very happy to help or run and do what ever i need to do to get it on the way to potentially how it was some seasons ago.
bugssy, I really appreciate your interest on the game. So, Its better you go ahead with the organising part of the game. How quickly can you start is my quick question?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reset - go back to all current\real players with a few WCC legends spliced in. That way people will identify with their squads more.

NZTailender

Yeah, reckon we should nominate current players we want to keep as is and go for a reset.

Nominate W Tendulkar.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Yes. That will be a good idea. Lets have only real cricket player statistics and lets choose players and play. That sounds lot more good. Or else we can start country wise. We can have 10 country teams like, India, NZ, Aus......

That builds lot of interest in this comp

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey guys
i might be willing to help out with a few things, but obviously have no intentions of returning to my previous roles. Could be interested in being a manager if I see what idea's you have Greg...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If you were going to start fresh, I would just use the current pool of players, rather then only just keep a handful of generated players. Just start with new teams I guess. Would save a lot of start up time in research a whole list of new players.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i was going to say if we re start we need to just use current players in the teams. get interest going with an announcement of squads or how many, i would say 8 - 12 to start of with depending on how much interest we get start with that do round by round one day then fc etc. then when we get more interest we add more teams and slowly rebuild back up to when we had accademys etc, we can even have accademys run in the back ground with no managers just to get players with stats into the mix.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
whenw e first started or when wcc first started i think there was only a few aussie sides and a few english sides which we can do. start of small work our way back

so for example

nsw
qld
wa
tas
surrey
lancashire.

etc etc

current players year to date.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Would rather manage an academy side tbh, then a non Sri Lankan side.
i am not saying there the sides., you could do any side you want or that the manager wanted to manage. so 3 managers from australia, can pick who ever , if you wanted a sri lankan side then so be it and if an indian manager wanted an indian side then cool.

so for example

rob malone ...nsw (that is who i would luv to keep.
Tharmi.......ari lankian side (name team)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well its called World Club Cricket for a reason. Its not the Anglo-Saxon League. Personally reckon the more International sides the better. But your better off allowing the managers a chance to choice where they want to manage. Alteast the region if a couple want the same teams. Rather then selecting the clubs.

Also if you re-start you are probably better of starting with the bare minimum and a 6-team format, like Greg mentioned. If you went down the 8-10 team route all your basically doing is cutting back from the old format. Your better off having say 6 extremely keen managers then half really keen and half so, so.

Status
Not open for further replies.