• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Results

How should the results be released

• Simmers post their own division on the forum

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No Leave it as is with Blewy sending them via Email

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Blewy post all on forum together

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, after speaking to a few people they have suggested that the results get posted on the forum rather than emailed out...

Now i have some questions about this..
1/ Would it be unfair if say D1 games were out a day or 2 before D2 results etc??

2/ Would this be more easier for people to access results rather then email??

There are a couple of options, which are the simmers could send me the games 1st then i post them all on the forum OR they could post them as soon as they are done, But like i said before some games may be out a day or 2 before others...

What would you prefer??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Not so much an advantage, but tell me Muzza would you be annoyed if say Div 5 was out 2 days before your division???

nibbs

International Captain
Blewy said:
Not so much an advantage, but tell me Muzza would you be annoyed if say Div 5 was out 2 days before your division???
Maybe, but what possible difference would it make? I means if it means that some weeks I find out my result ealrier and some later than others I wouldn't really. It would be quicker than the current system that is in place.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But coming up to cup games etc, teams would then get an advantage.

The current method is fairest and easiest.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
But coming up to cup games etc, teams would then get an advantage.

The current method is fairest and easiest.
Explain your advantage thoery please marc. I don't follow.

Rich2001

International Captain
I'll add onto GB's list, simmers e-mail their division out as another option.

Ok now my stance on things, personally keeping them altogeter keeps things easy and people know where they are with things... saving GB running around, "did you send the results", "I didn't get them" and having to chase the simmer down for them anyway etc.

However the point rised by Marc "For me, all at once is the way to go - that way no team has any advantage." I agree with Muzza on, how does a team get an advantage? the only teams you need to worry about are in your league and the simmer would release these togeter anyway so you wouldn't know your own teams results in advance.... as for Marc's 2nd comment of "But coming up to cup games etc, teams would then get an advantage." I have no idea how that's an advantage... an advantage is giving the VC files to all the managers so they can play the matches over and over until they get a perfect set up for their conditions etc - The game is completly random anyway you could have the better team, the better everything... but on your day you could get stuffed.

As for your comment GB about being annoyed if one div came out a few days ealier, well nope because it makes no odds to me what those lossers in Div 1 like SA and Surrey are doing ;) :P :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
OK, imagine 2 teams are playing in the cup, one gets their result on Thursday evening, the other on the next Monday.

Who has the advantage there?

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
OK, imagine 2 teams are playing in the cup, one gets their result on Thursday evening, the other on the next Monday.

Who has the advantage there?
UNlesss I'm mistaken Marc, cup games are played after a round of four day matches. I'm pretty sure that the VB Cup stats that are used are our OD teams, so everyone would have over a week to prepare unless they, for some strange reason, choose to pick their side based on their four day proformance, which makes little sesne to me...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Had you forgotten injuries?

I feel that one email sending all results at the same time is the best way to ensure that results reach everyone at the same time.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I prefer to see results as soon as possible rather than being held up by some simmer who is slower than others.
Therefore I'd like to see results for each division posted separately. I'd also like to see each of the simmers post an up to date list of averages for the players in their division each week (6 teams of 16 means 96 max in the list).
Whilst we might end up reverting to the current method, I say give the alternative a go to see how it works out.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Graham said:
I prefer to see results as soon as possible rather than being held up by some simmer who is slower than others.
Therefore I'd like to see results for each division posted separately. I'd also like to see each of the simmers post an up to date list of averages for the players in their division each week (6 teams of 16 means 96 max in the list).
Whilst we might end up reverting to the current method, I say give the alternative a go to see how it works out.

what ever happened to the excel file which we used to get with top averages and records?????

nibbs

International Captain
When the site is fixed, wouldn't they just keep it updated through the site, instead of the excel stuff?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, as of Ruond 2 in each league the averages will be put out weekly, it hasn't been done yet as its pretty obvious as to what a players average would be...

The excel files will return next week as well...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Graham said:
Don't want much do you?!

GB, if this amount of demands are going to be placed, I need to speak to you about this.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Don't want much do you?!

GB, if this amount of demands are going to be placed, I need to speak to you about this.
whats there to speak about? Copying eachs team stats into a file should take less five minutes.

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
I only mentioned the averages Marc because I know there must be a quick way to do them. I wouldn't expect anybody to do them manually - that would be unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.