• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problem

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't recieve my result last week and I had to get it off Rich and I thought my next match was supposed to have been simmed last night and I haven't recieved a thing. I put my contact details down in the thread for Div 5 managers too.

Can someone tell me what's up?

nibbs

International Captain
As far as I know the results haven't been sent out yet.

Yep...

Maybe they'll be out soon :saint: :saint: *winks at game simmer people*

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Give us a chance - the deadline was what, 24 hours ago, and with 4 different people having to sim a division or more, it'll take a while before we get into the routine, as well as GB getting them and being able to send them out.

There's also injuries to sort out, and I know for a fact that they're causing a problem with at least one person.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a) because I'm at work, and they're at home.
b) because all scorecards are sent out by GB at the same time.
c) because I do Division 4, and you're not in that division (yet ;))

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
a) because I'm at work, and they're at home.
b) because all scorecards are sent out by GB at the same time.
c) because I do Division 4, and you're not in that division (yet ;))
(a)Why not in future, upload each scorecard to the forum, once you have completed simming that round. That way, we can find out results faster instead of waiting on everyone to send their games to Blewy.
(b) I'm not in division 4 but I'm talking to all game simmers.
(c) See you in four day division 2 next season Marc ;)

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
its the way it ha been running, it has worked well till now, why change, also it would greatly clutter the forum

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Like Age says.

"If it ain't broke, why change it?", and if changes are required, then the Board will convene and decide on a course of action, one which is fair to all, not just for the benefit of certain people.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There are 2 reasons why they are not uploaded...

1/ because i don't think its fair if some people get their results a couple of days before others...
2/ With this system in place of a few people running games i want to make sure it all runs fine, so i check all results before they go out...
(thats nuttin against the simmers)

If in a few weeks things go well then that could be an option to save time on emails...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i worked friday night and had things to do friday, teams in thursday night but we have all weekend to do the games, not on friday so please dont get to worked up about it all.

div will be done sat sometime and then you wont get results till blewy sends em out so its really irrelevant as to wheni do simm the games.

cheers bugs

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Yeah and i don't want everyone to see how crap i am. I mean players of WCC can but then all these other people will come wondering in and see how **** i am at this

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, this is not a go at you guys, I'm just wondering why I did not get my scorecard for the 1st game of the season, and still would probably not have seen it if Rich had not sent it to me when I asked about it. I don't mind if I get the results a day or a week after they take place, I just want to know I'll eventually get it.

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok I have no idea why this thread was locked...

Rik has a problem, nobody tried to answer it and nothing in this thread IMO deserves it being locked.

Whoever locked it feel free to, but just add a sentence explaining why you are doing so.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to cheer you lot up I've got another problem, I set Burns to something like 3rd-4th change in the bowling orders thread but he's still opening the bowling, and did so in both innings of my recent 4D match. Why is this still happening?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
OK to clear a few things up, i don't know who locked the thread but i'd like to know...

As for the Burns issue, that is another error in VC4..

The problem being that VC4 does not recognise a team that plays 2 keepers, and when this happens it sees the 2nd -1(which denotes a keeper) as a 1 and therefore opens the bowling with them...

unfortunatley this will be a problem until we get our new simulator which will hopefully be next season

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
OK to clear a few things up, i don't know who locked the thread but i'd like to know...

As for the Burns issue, that is another error in VC4..

The problem being that VC4 does not recognise a team that plays 2 keepers, and when this happens it sees the 2nd -1(which denotes a keeper) as a 1 and therefore opens the bowling with them...

unfortunatley this will be a problem until we get our new simulator which will hopefully be next season
I wasn't aware Burns was considered a keeper. I asked but wasn't given an answer.