• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Betting Standings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Betting Standings after Round 1

Aditya......$27640
Broncoman......$26000
Marc......$24000
Slats......$21280
Sriram......$20800
Bugs......$19750
Lord......$18900
Paid......$14100
Coach_Pearson......$13500
Tomay......$12980
GB......$11000
Cloete......$9500

All others r on $15000.Let me know if there is any mistake.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yay 2nd!!!
not sure how long i will stay in front of marc for though, lol!

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Betting Standings after Round 2

It was an eventful week in the betting arena due to the draw between ACT and FS and many other upsets.

Sriram......$20800
Slats......$19280
Lord......$18900
Bugs......$17250
Coach_Pearson......$12000
Paid......$9100
Tomay......$8780
GB......$8000
Age......$7000
Cloete......$5150
Mr M......$5000
Broncoman......$1000
Aditya......$00000
Marc......$00000
Neil......$00000
Rich......$00000

All others r on $15000.Let me know if there is any mistake

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
There are odds for draw at $2.This same thing i said last season that if the match is draw money shl be refunded but no one answered.

Till now i am calculating on the same basis that if the match is draw then u lose.So there is no problem with the law.

But as i think majority of us have lost money the betting will become less as all the big guns have lost.So 2 keep interest i think everyone shl be given $10000.So all those who have lost it can start with $10000 and those who have money can increase their amount by $10000.

I am not telling this as i lost my whole money but a majority of us have lost who bet regularly.So by us out in the 2nd round itself makes the betting quite less.

If everyone agrees 2 this then only we shall increase everyones amount by $10000 otherwise those who have lost their whole amount have to just sit out throughout the season.

Simon

i think only people who go bankrupt should ge given more money, and they should get a 10k load, but at the end of the season 20k should be taken off their total, but if they are less than 20k, they lose it all.

Simon

aditya did say odds for a draw were $2, just look in the 2nd weeks betting thread

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
last season no one did that to me when i ran out of money

double standards

just because you bet regularly, you bet wrong your out.

None of this "ooh i bet good regularly but now im out lets make more rules so we can win"

No i dont think this should be

nibbs

International Captain
Did I get a loan last season when I went broke? NO. So I think don't its fair to refund all the fools who stupidly gambled away their funds. I'm sorry, but when I wanted to bet last season when I lost all my money, my request was denied, I wasn't even allowed a small loan.

Now, two people who have disagreed and as aditya said 'If everyone agrees 2 this' (don't try and edit that message) then it would appear all the bankrupt people are screwed. Lets hope aditya sticks to his word, with the everyone comment.

Nibblet,

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I didnt bet and am ranked 3rd :D how eventful !

yea marc , aditya had stated that draws would be $2 , :lol: hardluck for that loss of your money !!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aditya said:
There are odds for draw at $2.This same thing i said last season that if the match is draw money shl be refunded but no one answered.

Till now i am calculating on the same basis that if the match is draw then u lose.So there is no problem with the law.

But as i think majority of us have lost money the betting will become less as all the big guns have lost.So 2 keep interest i think everyone shl be given $10000.So all those who have lost it can start with $10000 and those who have money can increase their amount by $10000.

I am not telling this as i lost my whole money but a majority of us have lost who bet regularly.So by us out in the 2nd round itself makes the betting quite less.

If everyone agrees 2 this then only we shall increase everyones amount by $10000 otherwise those who have lost their whole amount have to just sit out throughout the season.
I don't think we can just add $10k in - but odds of $2 for a draw are ridiculously low.

Personally I feel we should adopt the method used by all bookmakers of any repute and draw is a refunded bet.

Besides that, I don't remember seeing odds of $2 quoted anywhere except for just one game (the game odds were requested for) and a blanket odds of $2 is crazy (imagine you get 2 sides with 11 batsmen each - that's likely to be a draw, whereas 2 strong bowling sides is very unlikely to be, so how do they justify the same odds?)

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I don't think we can just add $10k in - but odds of $2 for a draw are ridiculously low.

Personally I feel we should adopt the method used by all bookmakers of any repute and draw is a refunded bet.

Besides that, I don't remember seeing odds of $2 quoted anywhere except for just one game (the game odds were requested for) and a blanket odds of $2 is crazy (imagine you get 2 sides with 11 batsmen each - that's likely to be a draw, whereas 2 strong bowling sides is very unlikely to be, so how do they justify the same odds?)
Shut up. Broncoman asked what the odds for a draw were, and the reply stated $2. So stop being a bad sport and accept you have been eliminated.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, he asked for the odds of a draw on one particular game - he was given those odds - I have already shown how blanket odds do not work.

Cloete

International Captain
I think it would be complete double standards if 10k was to be given out. it's not fair!!! they chose to bet it all.... and tehy knew the consequences. i don't care wat so called "big guns" are out. it's their fault for betting it all!:!( :!( :!(

Status
Not open for further replies.