• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 3 Draw

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Here is the Draw for Season 3, it is zipped up in a excel file, i will attempt to get it out in other formats soon...

The 1st round will be a OD round and the fixtures are below

Division 1
ROUND 1
Queensland vs Mumbai
Sth Australia vs Lancashire
West Australia vs Kent

Division 2
ROUND 1
Yorkshire vs New South Wales
Tamil Nadu vs Victoria
Surrey vs Colts

Division 3
ROUND 1
Hampshire vs Glamorgan
Warwickshire vs Worcestershire
Karnataka vs Western Province

Division 4
ROUND 1
Leicestershire vs Northern Districts
Tasmania vs Auckland
Canterbury vs Somerset

Division 5
ROUND 1
Guyana vs Aust Capt Teritory
Jamaica vs Karachi
Free State vs Mashonaland

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
This coming weekend as per GB's email. Teams must be submitted before Thursday midnight Aussie time.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Will everyone go and read the Round 5 & 6 Draft Results thread...

Take note of the 1st post in that thread!!!!!!!!!!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Western Province are excited about the prospect of travelling to India to play Karnataka in this years first 1 day round

Cloete

International Captain
ur looking forward to losing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . well i'm looking forward to thumping (I HOPE!!) Vic :D :D

nibbs

International Captain
Birmingham is a buzz at the moment, with the opening of their new cricket stadium just days away. What will it be called? The name shall be released on Wednesday.

Warwickshire are also glad to have avoided their main rivals for round one. "Hopefully playing one of the divisions lesser teams will give us a chance to get the season off to a good start" said Warwickshire, one day, Captain Ashley Giles.

Warwickshire manager Kurt Christensen is expected to name the side to meet Worcestershire very soon.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Edgbaston.
Oh no my friend. Edgbaston has been leveled. In its place you'll find a 34,500, all seater, capacity ground. I have attached a pic of it for you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You forget that it is still Edgbaston since that is the area it is in, and those grounds are not going to have been put up there!

If the Club can't get planning permission for 6 pylons, I don't think that the locals would welcome that sort of montrosity.

nibbs

International Captain
Damn it. I'm not going to go through with all this crap again.

Basically we started planning for this new stadium in secret a long time ago. All the fans, council, locals and everyone else concerned thinks it is a great idea. Only 7 old people complained, plus yourself. We don't care what you have to say. The Stadium has been built. So there!

The Stadium will recieve its own unique name. Warwickshire are moving into a new era...

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I don't think think that the locals would welcome that sort of montrosity.
Random Local;'I think its awesome. Its no montrosity like that old stadium'

Muhammud Anwar (local Pakistani diary owner);'Business has picked up since that superb new stadium was built'.

Mayor; 'It has created 650 new jobs for the city of Birmingham. Its a great building, with a great future'.

I suspect Marc, because Warwickshire is your old WCC team, you actually support them in real life. You have ties with Edgbaston and you can't bear to see it crushed to the ground. We saved you a seat, from the old ground...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Muzza said:
Random Local;'I think its awesome. Its no montrosity like that old stadium'

Muhammud Anwar (local Pakistani diary owner);'Business has picked up since that superb new stadium was built'.

Mayor; 'It has created 650 new jobs for the city of Birmingham. Its a great building, with a great future'.

I suspect Marc, because Warwickshire is your old WCC team, you actually support them in real life. You have ties with Edgbaston and you can't bear to see it crushed to the ground. We saved you a seat, from the old ground...
You really don't have a clue about the local residents from that list of quotes!

You also have no idea about the location - there is not space for anything on the site.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
can someone who has seen the draw tell em when i get to play craponaland :p

Rich2001

International Captain
GB not sure if your aware but when we decided on leagues of 6 teams, we also decided that the season would be 1 game home and 1 game away (so 20 matches overall - 10 OD / 10 FD). So that the season in lenght was about the same as last season overall.

I might be wrong but iam sure that was decided on, Anyway the point of the post ;) is that you have only done 5 rounds of OD / FD fixtures.

Easy enough though you can just repeat those fixtures again, if we do play 10 games.

Last edited: