• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Season

Rich2001

International Captain
Alot of teams have been saying about joining up with others for some practice... Feel free to use this thread to talk about the matches, post scorecards etc and let us know how your team are getting along.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
South Australia have placed an offer with NSW manager Bugssy Malone to play a charity series as a warm up to the upcoming season...

The series would consist of the following:-

Game 1 - 25 Overs a Side
Game 2 - 50 Overs a Side
Game 3 - 4 Day Game

All funds raised from the Event would be donated to the Rebuild Saddams reigeme foundation.....

:D :D :D :D

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
ND is very interested in some pre-season games as Eyes_Only would like to see how the new players picked up in the draft will fit into the team before the season proper starts...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the colts would like to play a few warm up games against the 2nd best side in WCC, Western province (the colts being the best ofcourse)

Graham

3rd Umpire
Trouble with friendlies is that they give absolutely no indication as what players performances or abilities will be like once the real games get started, so they're just a bit of fun to kill time. If a player with a big average doesn't perform over a series of friendlies, don't panic as he could very well still turn out to be the superstar of the real competition.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ACT would like to offer the following team matches

Mumbai in a 4d game @ ACT
TN in a 4d game @ TN
WP in a 1d game @ ACT
SA in a 1d game @ SA

we are also open to challenges from other teams.

Cloete

International Captain
well TN will vs ACT and play WP in a series consiating of:
Game 1 - 4 day game @ TN
Game 2 - 50 Overs a Side @TN
Game 3 - 4 Day Game @WP

TN r open for all other offers.

Last edited:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Western Province are excited about the prospect of playing Colts. They suggest a 3 match series:
50 over a side fixture at Western Province
4 day fixture at Western Province
4 day fixture at Colts.

Western Province are also keen on getting a series against the rejuvinated Tamil Nadu side under new manager Cloete.
They suggest a 3 match series:
4 day fixture and Western Province
50 overs a side fixture at Tamil Nadu
4 day fixture at Tamil Nadu

Western Province would also like to accept the challenge laid down by ACT to a 1 day game at ACT.

Western Province are still open to more invitations as well.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Yorkshire would like to see a small cup between Yorkshire, Leistershire and Tasmania four day or one day

We could call it the No particular reason cup.

So David, Paid give us the go ahead. and paid you have better names than that to give me.

Format:
Yorks v Leist@any
Tas v Leist@any
Tas v Yorks@ any

And top two play for the Perth Cricketweb Cup

Cloete

International Captain
Tn were wondering if Warickshire might be interested in a 3 match series consisting of:
Game 1 Four Day @ TN
Game 2 One Day @ Waricks
Game 3 Four day @ Waricks

deckard

U19 Captain
Canterbury have no pre-season plans and will look at any offer for a pre-season match. If you are after a tough match then my FC side are up to the challenge, or if you want a match against a weak side so your team can gain some confidence with a victory before the start of the season then my OD side will do that job.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Cloete said:
Tn were wondering if Warickshire might be interested in a 3 match series consisting of:
Game 1 Four Day @ TN
Game 2 One Day @ Waricks
Game 3 Four day @ Waricks
Your on bitch...

Also Warwickshire will be touring the UAE. Stay tuned for updates.

nibbs

International Captain
Also I forgot to mention, there seems to be a bit of a rivalry between Surrey and Warwickshire. If Marc wants to, I'm on for a one dayer, and a four dayer.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sounds good to me, don't want to tire the batsman out too much, and with my bowling attack, they'll probably only need one knock in the 4d game.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
I challange Auckland and Kent to some games :)
Kent are more than happy to accept, but after talks with the ECB the match will have to be played at either at Kent or a Netural venue of your chosing... As we refuse to tour Zimbabwe ;) :P