• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season XII Discussion Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Western Australia:

The lack of a top-quality batsman or a top-quality allrounder is the only thing standing between them and a first class title. Their young wicketkeeper Patel will need to come off, however, and their one-day side is significantly weaker.

Warwickshire:

A weak bowling attack and little batting apart from Howarth and Sriram means they'll have trouble challenging seriously in first class, and will battle relegation. The one-day bowling attack could bowl anything out before they need to rely to a fifth bowler - and need to.

Yorkshire:

By far the strongest side from Old Blighty, the Yorkies have used their money well, and are dead certs to promote from division two. Freeman-Evans-Khan-Vogel could be used to form a pace quartet reminiscent of the West Indies circa 1982 - with Cole replacing Vogel it looks more like Australia circa 2001. To boot, Holland, Jayawardene and Love are veterans of the WCC trade, and in Clay Smith of Bermuda they may have drafted wisely, even though Smith lacks career pedigree.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yorkshire:

By far the strongest side from Old Blighty, the Yorkies have used their money well, and are dead certs to promote from division two. Freeman-Evans-Khan-Vogel could be used to form a pace quartet reminiscent of the West Indies circa 1982 - with Cole replacing Vogel it looks more like Australia circa 2001. To boot, Holland, Jayawardene and Love are veterans of the WCC trade, and in Clay Smith of Bermuda they may have drafted wisely, even though Smith lacks career pedigree.
Cole comes in for Vogel. Our OD bowling looks very poor though. Tendulkar to score a bucketload this season :cool:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I heard my 5th OD bowler could bowl your entire team out whilst bowling cack handed and blindfolded.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have some evidence that your team is make up of those ****s that bowl left handed but bat right handed.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Auckland XI announces Squads

Test Team Captain Stephen Fleming along with the Team Manager Raghav announced the team for the upcoming WCC matches. Surprisingly, Buxton is included for both ODI,Twenty/20 and Test matches.

Raghav announced that Fleming will captain the FC while Chris Gayle will captain the ODI/Twenty20 matches. J Crawley will keep the wickets for both ODI/Twenty20 and FC matches. Raghav is jubiliant about his new assignment and he told he would be taking it seriously. Fleming and Gayle promised of good fighting cricket in the coming weeks.

The Teams:

ODI/Twenty20

A Chopra
C Gayle*
S Pollard
N Shetty
R Taylor
J Crawley+
S Graham
S Buxton ®
S Bond
C Gamage
C Martin

Tests

S Graham
C Gayle
S Pollard
I Ul-Haq
S Fleming*
J Crawley (WK)
S Buxton ®
S Bond
C Gamage
A Best
C Martin

Source: NZ Herald

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
There might be delay in the start of the season. I took my USB with all my WCC stuff to work, to do some stuff while I was at work. I lost/mis-placed my USB, so I have to start again with updating the VC4 files, unless I find it tommorrow. I should still be able to updated everything by Sunday, but matches wont be simmed until next week probably on Tuesday.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
My work has blocked USB and Hotmail emails, does anyone know large storage capacity sites that i can try to store stuff?