• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GB: Wicket-Keepers

Rich2001

International Captain
GB I have been asked by a number of manager's and Iam wondering myself, the situation of WK's.

I'll use Kent as a example, I traded G.Jones to Yorks which now only leaves me with A.Flower as a WK... If andy was to be injured I don't have any back-up full-time WK.

Would this mean that I could just put anyone there for the injury period, or would I continually have to forfit matches until Andy was to return?

Iam in a postion where Iam not going to get anything more in the draft so can waste a pick on a sub-standard WK just incase of an injury, but others with better picks are in the same situtation and have made it clear they are after certian types of players and haven't got a spare pick for a WK that won't be any help.

Could you just clear this up for me

Richard

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I did state at the beginning of last season that all teams must have a back-up keeper as it plays games with VC4 if an original keeper is not selected....

There are plenty of keepers still in the draft so really there is no explination for not getting a backup...

deckard

U19 Captain
Damn looks like im going to have to get a keeper......but i think there are plenty of other teams in the same situation as Rich and I, so GB r u going to make sure all teams have 2 wk's?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
deckard said:
Damn looks like im going to have to get a keeper......but i think there are plenty of other teams in the same situation as Rich and I, so GB r u going to make sure all teams have 2 wk's?
I think there are enough to go round, just a matter of weather you get a good one or not...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I will make sure all teams have 2 keepers, and if they don't they will have to drop 1 of their players to accomodate a keeper...

And as Rik said their are plenty of keepers still in the list and there is some quality in that group as well...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
damn, what a waste of a pick. im sure there are other people in my situation, where i have 1 keeper and 1 of my batsman can keep (trescothick), qld comes to mind who would have Maher, who wouldnt be listed as a keeper, but we all know he can/does keep.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
That is a different situation Simon...

A player like Dravid, Maher, Langer, Trescothick are all ok and if u put a case forward to me to show u have one of them as a keeper then i may approve it....

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I didn't think about Maher. I just picked up a keeper in the latest draft round. It doesn't matter. He has decent batting stats anyway.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ok, ive seen trescothick keep wickets before, and he doesnt bowl in wcc so i think i should be allowed to use him as back up keeper, if dawson gets injured. not much else to say about the issue really, id be satisfied with either a yes or a no answer and ill get on with life.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I've got Michael Burns who if I remember correctly is a backup keeper. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not according to the draft list he isn't - he's a medium pacer.

Will we need to have 2 keepers by the end of the draft, or can we try and trade our way to that position?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:

Will we need to have 2 keepers by the end of the draft, or can we try and trade our way to that position?
No but he's a keeper in real life, doesn't that count? GB said he would discuss it.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
He hasn't kept for about 7 or 8 years, and is now a part-time bowler.
He kept in a match last year...and he doesn't bowl much in WCC...if ever actually.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:

Marc, You can have 1 keeper by the end of the draft and then try and trade for 1 but if you can't get one then u will have to relinquish 1 player in order to get a keeper...

nibbs

International Captain
Is it possible to have more than one player in your team injured at a time? If thats the case would happen if both keepers got injured? Would your team screwed or would there be some leaniance shown?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
As for the Burns issue, im not really familiar with him but ill check out his stats for the last 2 seasons and see his bowling stats, and also check up his real life profile..

As for you question Muzza leniancy would be given in a situation like that but it'd be a pretty rare situation to happen...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Gregory Blewett said:
As for the Burns issue, im not really familiar with him but ill check out his stats for the last 2 seasons and see his bowling stats, and also check up his real life profile.
Ok fair enough mate, if you decide he's not a keeper then I'll just get a backup one in the draft last round, no worries :)