• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player Of The Season

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok Umpire Money just jogged my memory....

So Who is the player of the season for each division and overall player of the season, and why?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
W Anderson for Div 3

averaged well in both forms and scored a crutial century vs Karnakata in the first OD game of the season which ended up winning the title for the oclts

Div 1 will be close betwween numberous top batsmen

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Not being bitter or anything but it wouldnt be a Yorkshire player even though C.White averaged low 20's in both forms of the game bowling and batting average in high 20's in both forms

And anyway he didnt make the all star squad in fact with the great 4d season i had not one of my players made it. that might change after the smashing div 1 had

Rich2001

International Captain
I can tell you White was very very close in getting picked for the AS teams, in both forms he was in the random pick area where something like 2 from 5 players were chosen at random and unfortunatly White missed out in both.

As for this comment "that might change after the smashing div 1 had" Doesn't that sound fantastic :lol:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
for me it would be m bevan yet again. averaged 80+ in both forms of the game and scored 900 runs in the 4day game. with a big 223 not out aginst 4day title winners mumbai. he is just a solid and consistant performer.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I dont think it can be anyone other than A Jones for Div 3.He is the best all rounder in WCCC and has an excellect record this season.
His stats this season are
Fc batting avg 60.4(302 runs)
Fc bowling avg 16.19(27 wkts)
Fc bowling sr 30.88

Od batting avg 39(117 runs)
Od bowling avg 15.2(10 wkts)
Od bowling sr 25.8

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah, look at that OD batting, only 40 - lol, and anyway, cant go discriminating againsta batsman, im sure anderson would have taken lots of wickets if i had needed to bowl him

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Sorry,but there is no ifs and Anderson is not a bowler.A Jones is a all rounder so he has the upper hand.