• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Star Managers - Announced

Rich2001

International Captain
In a brife press release the WCCC Board announced the All Star managers for season 2.

In a completly random draw (well nearly, I had a few rules in place)

The only things I insted on was that the managers had been in that division all season, and they had done reasonably well in the season, eg picking a manager who was relagated isn't really fair.

The Managers Are As Followed

Division 1

OD: Graham
FC: Sriram

Division 2

OD
: Coach_Person
FC: Marc

Division 3

FC
: Paid_The_Umpire
OD: Aditya

Good Luck to the managers in reprsenting your division and best of luck to Division 2 :saint:

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Paid The Umpire said:
woohoo what do i do?
You know the All Star stuff don't you Paid?

Anyway in summary all the managers now have the oppotunity to select 15 players, basically the players picked the most will make up your All Star sqaud in which you will sumit a team like you do for normal games.

I plan to close the All Star selection after about a week so Saturday/Sunday time, when I will try and get all the teams sorted ASAP and then over the next two weeks play the matches, so that they will finish just before the draft so all managers can concentrate on that.

Graham

3rd Umpire
After having guided Lancashire to first division survival against the odds for two seasons running, manager GrahamB is honoured to have been chosen to lead the Division 1 OD side for the allstar series.
Despite the hot air being spouted by some Division 2 and 3 managers about their chances, they'll really be up against it when they meet this Division 1 outfit!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Does this mean that there was any point in us selecting our squad of 15 for those managers who didn't get chosen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
Does this mean that there was any point in us selecting our squad of 15 for those managers who didn't get chosen.
No, since the squads come from voting AFAIK.

Rich2001

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
Yep as Marc said, Basically all the managers currently have the oppotunity to sumit who they would like to see in the AS side, then after the deadline passes... I (or someone) will go through the teams and select the most picked players... these 15 will then be know as the AS sides and then for each game the managers will have to sumit a side from the squad of 11 (but everyone in the 15 must be used at least once!)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugs would like to wish everyone the best of luck as manager of div 1 all stars last year and very successfull one at that.

good luck guys