• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

VB CUP FINAL: Teams

Rich2001

International Captain
The final of the VB Cup is upon us, please post the final sides here... and to all the other managers get behind the sides, a big week in WCC history.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Good luck to both managers.
Personally, I find it difficult to get excited about a 25 over game - not real cricket. I'd still like to see the VB Cup become a 50 over a side knockout.

Rich2001

International Captain
The reason why it's only 25 overs is so it's different to the leauge, you get a 50 over match every other week.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I know GB has his reasons for the 25 over a side format (primarily that given by you Rich) and I'm not trying to stir up a hornet's nest over it. I was just expressing my opinion.
It might well be an issue that the committee looks at again at some stage in the future.
The recent North-South match in NZ was played over two innings each of 25 overs. Now there's a good idea, but I don't think VCM4 allows for this type of format?

Last edited:

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Karnataka Team

N Round
AV Kale(c)
N Knight
T Naidu(wk)
M Attapatu
B Rowland
JO Troughton
A Jones
J Moss
MA Khan
G Richards

Rich2001

International Captain
Graham said:
The recent North-South match in NZ was played over two innings each of 25 overs. Now there's a good idea, but I don't think VCM4 allows for this type of format?
No, only way around it would be to play it as 2 matches, however just be a nightmear as it wouldn't stop when a team won etc... + wouldn't be able to keep the avgs etc

Iam willing to talk about it again, but I can't see any other ideas.. If it's not 25 it can only be like maybe a 10 over slog feast or 50 overs, and explained why we don't want that.

deckard

U19 Captain
i think the 25 overs is the way to go as it adds something different to WCC and uses different strategies.

And for the record GO KARNATAKA!!

Rich2001

International Captain
deckard said:
i think the 25 overs is the way to go as it adds something different to WCC and uses different strategies.

And for the record GO KARNATAKA!!
*Cough* *Cough* I beg your pardon Deckard.... Not sure if I heard you right :!( :!( :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
aditya said:
Karnataka Team

N Round
AV Kale(c)
N Knight
T Naidu(wk)
M Attapatu
B Rowland
JO Troughton
A Jones
J Moss
MA Khan
G Richards
If Troughton's so good then why's he batting at 7? ;)

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Rik said:
If Troughton's so good then why's he batting at 7? ;)
I like to rotate my batsman in all positions as all of them are good.In last od match he batted at 3.And many are much better bat than Troughton.Trough in an od allrounder so he balances the side very much.U can see i am playing only 2 fulltime bowlers with J Moss,Troug and A Jones and still sides get out cheaply against me.And btw i dont have a team like u where there is no one to play in od and all are below avg.:P :P :P

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
aditya said:
I like to rotate my batsman in all positions as all of them are good.In last od match he batted at 3.And many are much better bat than Troughton.Trough in an od allrounder so he balances the side very much.U can see i am playing only 2 fulltime bowlers with J Moss,Troug and A Jones and still sides get out cheaply against me.And btw i dont have a team like u where there is no one to play in od and all are below avg.:P :P :P

best sides on paper dont always win though do they :P:P:P:P

GO KENT

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
age_master said:
best sides on paper dont always win though do they :P:P:P:P

GO KENT
I have a feeling this 1 might :)

Though they beat us to the final go Karnataka!
And yes Ill be back next year to beat the hell outta ur team aditya!

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Sriram k said:
I have a feeling this 1 might :)

Though they beat us to the final go Karnataka!
And yes Ill be back next year to beat the hell outta ur team aditya!
Desparately waiting for our next encounter,Sri!!!

Rich2001

International Captain
Kent Side

D.Marsh
A.Flower (Wk)
B.Allen
S.Waugh (C)
G.Batty
N.Smith
M.Butcher
S.Hutton
H.Singh