• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A proposal

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WCC betting competition hasnt been what you would call 'succesful' i think we should replace it with a wcc tipping comp for season 3.
its much less complicated and much harder to dominate the way Marc did in the betting.
I would think it wouldnt be compolsary to compete, however it would be fun.

Simon

in a tipping comp, u jusy tip whos going to win each game, for every game you tip the winner you get 1 point.
who ever has the most points at the end of the season wins.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
No i dont think so tipping is good.Its just that this season Marc is dominating so it has become boring.When myself and Sriram were also in the comp it was quite interesting with any of the three could top.In the quench to move to the top we lost and Marc won.

We can make the rule that everyone has to bet half his amount he is having so that the one who is winning also has to put half his money.For eg Marc has to put half his amount so now if he loses there is more competition.This can be applied from the next season.

At the start there was no limit so all were putting 8 timers due to which Marc went ahead.From the start of the next season only till trebles would be allowed so there shall be more competition.

nibbs

International Captain
Even though my own proformance has been sub par, I can't say I was into it. It was boring and kinda lame. Its not the thing that I get my kicks from, if you know what I mean.

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Graham u were not putting money wholeheartedly.Just putting $500 on every bet so how can u enjoy as there was not much profit in it.

Graham

3rd Umpire
That's the point Aditya - my heart wasn't in it. Don't take it personally though as I'm sure some people did enjoy it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aditya said:
No i dont think so tipping is good.Its just that this season Marc is dominating so it has become boring.When myself and Sriram were also in the comp it was quite interesting with any of the three could top.In the quench to move to the top we lost and Marc won.

We can make the rule that everyone has to bet half his amount he is having so that the one who is winning also has to put half his money.For eg Marc has to put half his amount so now if he loses there is more competition.This can be applied from the next season.

At the start there was no limit so all were putting 8 timers due to which Marc went ahead.From the start of the next season only till trebles would be allowed so there shall be more competition.
Face it, I won because I used my experience of real gambling to cover potential slip-ups - I didn't win at all on an 8-timer - got 7 of 8 twice.

Where I won was going for 3 from 4 rather than 3 from 3.

Don't agree about having to bet half your cash remaining though.

Simon

thing is not everyone likes betting, it tends to be addictive :rolleyes:
a tipping comp is easy to run and as marc made the point about his previous betting experience, you dont need anything like that in a tipping comp.
i personally think its the way to go.