• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Late Somerset Press Release

masterblaster

International Captain
The Somerset Board headed up by Manager masterblaster gives an overdue press release.

Players to go: Best Offers Acceptable Only

MM Betts
M Wood
A Adams (superb all rounder)
D Brignull
P Trego
P Worthington
S Afridi (superb all rounder)
ME Trescothick (deal already has been struck with broncoman)

rest Somerset is retaining.

Best offers are only acceptable.

Thanks

nibbs

International Captain
masterblaster said:
A Adams (superb all rounder)
I think it would be in everyones best interests if they kept their dirty hands off of A.Adams. A deal as been struck here too.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Re: Re: Late Somerset Press Release

broncoman said:
Yeh so keep your grubby mits off him everyone.
Why do you want him? Most of your batsmen already average over 40...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
because hes one of my favourite players.
My others, Hayden -pfft no hope
Kallis, my offer was rejected
Higgs, stats just dont quite do it for me
Collingwood, is he even in the game????

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
because hes one of my favourite players.
My others, Hayden -pfft no hope
Kallis, my offer was rejected
Higgs, stats just dont quite do it for me
Collingwood, is he even in the game????
At the moment most are out of my league since I won't let go of T Petal. Hopefully I might have a good season and build several players up. Though of course I'm going to have to release several good players by the end of the season. I suppose that's what happens when your squad only has one batsman averaging over 40 and 2 players averaging over 30 in OD...in order to get a good deal you need someone who's good in both...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
rik with the type of squad you have you have to decide how well you want to go, do you want to finish 1st in 4d and last in 1d or you can trade so you finish 3rd in both.
Its tough to decide what you want to set your sights on.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
rik with the type of squad you have you have to decide how well you want to go, do you want to finish 1st in 4d and last in 1d or you can trade so you finish 3rd in both.
Well my team is a very decent 4D team but most of the players are hopeless at OD so I'll just stick at 4D. I'll just try and get a few decent OD players to tide me through, and if I get some players who are good at both then some players who are decent at 4D will have to go as I'm only able to keep 12 per season. In the draft I should be able to get a few average OD players who average over 30 with the bat or are decent with the ball, and that means I'll have to see who out of the bowlers I keep after this season, because most of the quicks can't bowl in OD.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
3rd place in each will be a wasted season - Only the top 2 have a chance to go up!

masterblaster

International Captain
Discussions have been going on with ND about Afridi and his future. Nobody as yet has contacted me about the other players.

M.Wood a fine young Somerset player is available for trade. He currently averages 41 for his career in 4Day Competition.
Trego and Brignull are fine pacers, and Worthington has the potential to balance any side and is a classy batsman who bowls part time spin.

Am waiting on other managers offers.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it would help if I had any players to trade other than the 2 players I don't want to let go (Tim and Andy Petal)

masterblaster

International Captain
Still havent heard any responses from other managers. Somerset needs YOU my friends.

These top class players have represented us with flying colours and now they can be YOURS.

Show your interest today, before its too late!