• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCC Draft Rules

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
WCC Draft Rules

After Last season's draft, in which there was alot of confusion there have been rules put in
place for this season. They are as follows:

* All teams will recieve 6 Draft Picks.

* All teams MUST retain 10 players from their squad

* The only exception of teams retaining more is if they retain their teams rookies in which
allows them to keep 11, or 12, or if they like include the rookies in their 10.

* If you retain your 10 players and either or both of your rookies you will then relinquish
your 3rd and then 4th picks in that order to maintain your squad of 16.

* Trading is still allowed between teams, although strict rules will be applied.

* You can only trade Players, NO Draft Pick Trading...

* Trades MUST be of equal value, 1 for 1, 2 for 2, etc

Any further questions, must be directed to either myself(GB), Rich or one of the other Board
Members..

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Will there be a period of trading allowed before the end of the season and if so after which round will we have the chance to arrange trades?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
There will be a period just as there was last season, before and after the draft...

I will leave the decision to when it starts up to Rich as he will be running things as of this weekend...

Rich2001

International Captain
I'll check the time periods out guys and will get back to you shortly.

GB as you won't be able to get to the net much, if you wish to leave me a list of players you want to trade etc and the ones you want to let go off, iam happy to trade on your behalf... so you don't miss out to much.

Rich2001

International Captain
GB - Rookies

Ok the tarde window will before the sqaud annocment dealine, so what happens if someone trades a rookies in this period, would they still lose the pick or does the rule then apply to the guy they have traded in????

Rich2001

International Captain
GB - Stats

I know you said about the stats needed to be updated, to aviod the same as last season....

eg last season you signed a 43 avg player then finding out his dropped to like 35 after the seasons averages had been added.

So therfore it unless the manager's are willing to gamble (or make sure they check the season's stats) then a transfer period before the season end would be hard to impliment.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re Rookies Rich, what do you mean exactly - I'm sure people must retain 10 players and 1 or 2 of their own rookies.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich-Rookies

Rookies will not be able to be traded, they are for use of the original team only, if they are not selected they will go into the player pool for the draft...

Rich-Stats

Unfortunatley people will have to look at the stats because the seasons aves will not be able to be 100% decided on until the season is out...

Marc-Draft releases

We did agree i just forgot to change it in the report...
Done now though...

Rich2001

International Captain
Gregory Blewett said:
Rich-Rookies

Rookies will not be able to be traded, they are for use of the original team only, if they are not selected they will go into the player pool for the draft...

Ok

Rich-Stats

Unfortunatley people will have to look at the stats because the seasons aves will not be able to be 100% decided on until the season is out...
Ok, that's cool... I'll release a date soon then.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thanks for clearing that up GB - some of these rookies may now be kept if they can't be traded, but can be drafted!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if i allowed that, then it would be just as easy to allow rookies to be traded before the draft....

Im not goin to allow it... If u want to keep a rookie he must be in your squad for at least 1 season...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mots of my trades will be done through Simon, I will be staying 5 mins from his house so if anyone wants to trade with me, speak to simon and he can relay messages to me...
:D :D :D :D :D

Rich2001

International Captain
age_master said:
also, if GB wants to trade why not let him discuss any trades he wants to do now
2 reasons

1/ He would get 1st pick on everyone, so no other manager could table a competing bid, to get the player they could also want.

2/ Following on if GB asked to trade then I probably would say no, as if I hang on I could possibliy get a lot better deal from one of the other 29 managers.