• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WCC Draft Rules

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
No trading of draft picks! No Trading of rookies! I think trade could be pretty daft this season! Moreover its very tough on teams like Mumbai who have got 2 crap rookies! :(
I appeal to the board to allow rookie trading so that teams who dont have good 1s can try and make up 4 it by trading.

Sriram

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I can understand your concern Sri, but this is the opportunity to let the lower teams catch up and get onto the level playin field..

Look at last season as a fine example...

Mumbai, SA and Kent had the 1st 3 of the 1st 4 picks from memory and all 3 teams have done pretty well this season...
This shows that providing you make sensible choices and your trading and other picks are smart u can do the world of good...

This is the reason i am sticking with this decision and hope u and everyone will understand why...
:D :D :D :D :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sriram k said:
No trading of draft picks! No Trading of rookies! I think trade could be pretty daft this season! Moreover its very tough on teams like Mumbai who have got 2 crap rookies! :(
I appeal to the board to allow rookie trading so that teams who dont have good 1s can try and make up 4 it by trading.

Sriram
Those who keep rookies lose draft picks, so they lose out that way.

IMO it's a good rule that rookies have to play at least a season if retained - GB, I assume that if a rookie is picked up in the draft then they can be traded as their then a normal player?

And trading draft picks was stupid last year, so I'm glad that's gone.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
IMO it's a good rule that rookies have to play at least a season if retained - GB, I assume that if a rookie is picked up in the draft then they can be traded as their then a normal player?
Yeah Marc Rookies picked up in the draft will be classified as normal players therefore can be traded after the draft...

nibbs

International Captain
Forgive me for not reading this thread, but I have little or no time......

When can we start trading?????

BYE

SEE YOU ALL ON FRIDAY

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
1. Please read my view in the first topped topic

2. Do rookie players automatically become part of the original team if we retain them?

nibbs

International Captain
I have a question about the draft.

When I select my 10 players that I want to keep, can it include my rookies? Or if I choose to keep both rookies, must I then keep 12?

An answer as soon as possible would be appreciated.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok Ill clear this one up...

If you keep 12 players, 2 of them must be your rookies meaning you will relinquish ur 3rd and 4th DP's

If you want to only keep 10, u can keep 8 from your current squad and ur 2 rookies and u will not need to drop ur 2 DP's

hope this clears it up...

nibbs

International Captain
Gregory Blewett said:
Ok Ill clear this one up...

If you keep 12 players, 2 of them must be your rookies meaning you will relinquish ur 3rd and 4th DP's

If you want to only keep 10, u can keep 8 from your current squad and ur 2 rookies and u will not need to drop ur 2 DP's

hope this clears it up...
Top answer GB, a lot better than Marc's...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Muzza said:
Top answer GB, a lot better than Marc's...
Sorry Muzza, I misunderstood - I was sure we'd said that you have to keep 10 of the original squad and if you wanted your rookies, that was on top of the 10.

My mistake.

Rich2001

International Captain
Basically we take their life avg's and add the current season's stats to them...

So if a player has a bad season their life avg will dip slightly and likewise it will go up slightly should they have a good season.

All Acadmey stats have been updated and are ready to be put into the draft list and we have created some new rookies to make the numbers up... now all we need is the season to finish so we can update the current players.